300k boat for 200k

Here is a 2011 Commander 30 with the D4-225HP. Probbaly one of the last made.
Well equiped.

Morely is Mr. Commander and was involved with the factory for 25 years.

Morley Munro at 604-273-2226
Beautiful boat, but a bit to much for my wallet..
Unless it came with raincity’s moorage.

Here is a 2011 Commander 30 with the D4-225HP. Probbaly one of the last made.
Well equiped.

Morely is Mr. Commander and was involved with the factory for 25 years.

Morley Munro at 604-273-2226
Wow this boat is finished nicer than my house, awesome looking inside.

Beautiful boat, but a bit to much for my wallet..
Unless it came with raincity’s moorage.
Its the highest priced one I have seen in the last 5 or 6 years.
This was not built by the original factory in Port Moody. I think Commander was sold around 2009?
Rayburn Marine started building them in Mission BC. Changed the bootstripe, bottom paint, and the stripe around the bridge to black.
Not sure how many more were made.

If you go the route of an older 30-40+ footer you will probably not be satisfied with the interior and electronics, for a start. You would probably want to do a re-fit. No pods, but we know how far down the rabbit hole you can go on a re-fit.

Its the highest priced one I have seen in the last 5 or 6 years.
This was not built by the original factory in Port Moody. I think Commander was sold around 2009?
Rayburn Marine started building them in Mission BC. Changed the bootstripe, bottom paint, and the stripe around the bridge to black.
Not sure how many more were made.
Why are people staying away from the newer (2019 plus ) commanders? Because of where they where built?

My neighbor on the coast had a 30' cutwater command bridge from brand new. It was an epic pos, and he knows how to run a boat. Fit and finish was terrible, and in the 40 hour he owned it, most of those were mechanical sevice.

Now he has a 26' kingfisher...please pass the grains of salt haha

I thinking I’m going to pass on a Grady or similar boat, decent outboards might be hard to find at a good price,
Anyways I need to get creative, I’m leaning towards something bigger than a 30,
Keep my commander, drop the top, get rid of the kitchen stand up bathroom and make it a fishing boat.
Everyone is happy, I have a boat and my wife has a yacht…perfect, we could save a lot of money on hotel bills…
"save on hotel bills" you are using my boat math!

Just my opinion but I’d rent a house this summer in Bamfield and fish from the Thunderjet. Finish the 26’ for next summer. The 26’ and 30’ are totally different in terms of cost to own. If you finish the 26’ you’ll have a trailerable boat that’s basically new with engine warranty. If you go to an older 30’ you’ll have a more comfortable cruiser but high moorage and maintenance costs and less flexibility on moving it around. Both are good in different ways.

Just my opinion but I’d rent a house this summer in Bamfield and fish from the Thunderjet. Finish the 26’ for next summer. The 26’ and 30’ are totally different in terms of cost to own. If you finish the 26’ you’ll have a trailerable boat that’s basically new with engine warranty. If you go to an older 30’ you’ll have a more comfortable cruiser but high moorage and maintenance costs and less flexibility on moving it around. Both are good in different ways.
My back hurts just thinking about fishing Bamfield in my thunderjet.

Back