2013 Ucluelet Fishing Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
its like spam with a fishing report.LOL

Ucluelet Fishing Report:

It’s been another great week for the guests and crew @ Big Bear. Quality fish seems to be the order as we experience decent angling for fish to 25 lbs. These aggressive Chinook are full of large sandlance and needle fish in the 4” range.

With our new vessel under construction, our team will be adding another guide to our growing company. We are now accepting resumes for the upcoming season. Applicants must possess extensive knowledge of the area, excellent people skills, efficient boat handling skills and a desire to become a part of our company. Please forward your resume to info@bigbearsalmoncharters.com

Chinook to 25 lbs!!! These fish are being taken at most of our inshore areas with Great Bear producing the larger of the fish. Austin and Cree Island have also been kicking out the odd decent fish to 20 lbs. Coyotes in the 4 “, with the Blue/Chrome on a blue flasher being the ticket. The needlefish hootchy in the army truck and mint tulip have also been hitting fish. Depths have ranged from 60 to 120 depending on the area. With the forecast for warm sunny weather next week we can only imagine that the fishing will improve towards the end of April.

We still have room for the end of the month and into May to book your trip of a life time with Big Bear Salmon Charters. Take advantage of our early season special of $897.00 inclusive 1-4 people.

Tight Lines,
The Crew @ Big Bear
www.bigbearsalmoncharters.com
1-855-9 (salmon)
IMG_0436.jpg

2191762430_338f1a9cd8.jpg

Appreciate the updates from somebody who is out there consistently. It's a big deal for me to tow over to Ukee and fish the half doz times a year I do and your reports help shorten the learning curve on these trips. So a little "plug" for your business is cool with me thanks for the info and hope you folks are booked.

Not sure what the spam references are all about. At least there's a guy on the West Coast providing the rest of us poor schnooks with some information on fishing. If he wants to throw in a bit of a commercial for his business, so be it. Don't see many other contributions from any of the other regulars from that area.

Not sure what the spam references are all about. At least there's a guy on the West Coast providing the rest of us poor schnooks with some information on fishing. If he wants to throw in a bit of a commercial for his business, so be it. Don't see many other contributions from any of the other regulars from that area.

lol - just like the island angler fishing reports. Fishing is always excellent and getting better, book now while there's still some spots left.

lol - just like the island angler fishing reports. Fishing is always excellent and getting better, book now while there's still some spots left.
My thoughts exactly PS. And of course when I getthere the answer always seems to be "Oh man too bad, you should have been here LAST/NEXT week. It was/will be Super hot then"

If the reports are accurate, I welcome them. If they are "creative", well.... better to have no report than bs.

My thoughts exactly PS. And of course when I getthere the answer always seems to be "Oh man too bad, you should have been here LAST/NEXT week. It was/will be Super hot then"

If the reports are accurate, I welcome them. If they are "creative", well.... better to have no report than bs.

Which is why it would be so helpful if some of the other west coasters would chime in with some info. At least Big Bear is providing some pictures.

Hey Bruce.

There almost always are fish around this area, if you know where to find them. I can post all kinds of pictures of nice fish that have been caught recently. I personally don't post many reports on this site because half of the members are guides that aren't all that interested.

Which is why it would be so helpful if some of the other west coasters would chime in with some info. At least Big Bear is providing some pictures.
Quite true Bruce-and people forget that Big Bear is a sponsor on this site-they literally help pay for the place.

Are you going to come over to the west side if there's good reports?

Well it quite good right now!! Hurry

Hey Bruce.

There almost always are fish around this area, if you know where to find them. I can post all kinds of pictures of nice fish that have been caught recently. I personally don't post many reports on this site because half of the members are guides that aren't all that interested.
That is very poor reply. This is a sport fishing website used for reporting and offering of information one would think. If it is not what are we doing here?

Maybe start a new site for guides...GFBC LOL no reports here cause were not interested in reports..

Hey Bruce.

Hi Fishtofino
All very true but for the half that are not guides I for one sure appreciate hearing about what is happening especially in Ucluelet/Tofino. I spend 3 weeks there and weekends every summer and would love to be able to spend more time fishing there anytime of the year however my work schedule does not allow for this. I think most of us can differentiate between factual reporting and promotion (nothing wrong with a little promo IMHO). I have read some of your reports in the past and have found them very enjoyable. I for one would love to see some of the pictures you mentioned as well as hear some of your reports.
Thanks
h.e.h.

That is very poor reply. This is a sport fishing website used for reporting and offering of information one would think. If it is not what are we doing here?

Maybe start a new site for guides...GFBC LOL no reports here cause were not interested in reports..
Ha Ha!! Good one. Maybe c'mon over and make your own report.

Hi Fishtofino
All very true but for the half that are not guides I for one sure appreciate hearing about what is happening especially in Ucluelet/Tofino. I spend 3 weeks there and weekends every summer and would love to be able to spend more time fishing there anytime of the year however my work schedule does not allow for this. I think most of us can differentiate between factual reporting and promotion (nothing wrong with a little promo IMHO). I have read some of your reports in the past and have found them very enjoyable. I for one would love to see some of the pictures you mentioned as well as hear some of your reports.
Thanks
h.e.h.

Cheers HEH..... Seeing you have replied so nicely I will post some pics when I get home to my computer later. I'm on my phone right now

This, to me as one of the 50% of participants on this forum who is not a guide, is a useful fishing report:
Salmon:
Inshore saw fish to 18 lbs. this week. Meares Bluff, Austin and Cree Island were all holding a few fish. Coyote spoons in the 4 inch were the ticket. Blue/silver, Army Truck, and the green/glo produced Chinook. Great Bear and Sail rock were also producing fish, the anchovy fished in the purple haze, green glo, and the army truck were all go to’s.
Offshore is completely loaded with needlefish. The army truck and green oil slick fished behind the green hot spot flasher worked well. These fish seem to only be active around tide changes, probably due the overabundance of feed. Fishing the anchovy or medium herring in your favorite teasers should also be productive.
Halibut:
Its transition time for these fish as they are finished with their spawning. Long Beach and the Deep hole are producing quality chickens in the 15-25 lb. range. The 16oz jig fished with the Chartreusse power grub and tipped with octopus is working well. Now that we are into April remember that the new regulations are into effect so please retain a copy of the regulations when you purchase your 2013/2014 tidal water licenses.

These two - not so much. and I apologize if I put you out, FT.

Well it quite good right now!! Hurry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back