2012 Vancouver, Howe sound and Sunshine coast reports thread

Finally going fising tomorrow! Someone please let me know the hot spots! :D

Aug 17th Report!!

Filed under: Uncategorized — Jason @ 8:31 pm

Things are definately getting better by the day! Over the last few days we have seen some very good waves of big chinook roll into local waters! The Bell Buoy, QA marker, West Vancouver, Sandheads, and the North Arm have all produced big chinooks up to 38 pounds! Anchovies, herring, spoons, and hootchies have all been working! Since these fish are coming in waves there are definately slow periods. Persistence is key as once a wave of chinooks rolls thru it can make for some very explosive fishing.

The coho fishery in Vancouver Harbour has picked up steam again this week! There has been a decent bite almost everyday in the shallows in the inner reaches of Vancouver Harbour!

Give us a call if you want to head out on the water! It should be an exciting August!

Tight Lines

Jason, Jeff and Blake

www.bonchovy.com 604 763 5460

trolled from sandheads to T10 and back, picked up 2 on anchovy's 60 and 80'.
Saw a couple hooked at both spots, got mine trolling back from T10 at low slack.

Left port moody at 5 this morning. Fished the red bell buoy off point grey. I think that's where it was. Marked tons of bait and fish and there was a lot of boats out there. Didn't see anything caught and we got nuthin. Whipped down to T10 . From 10 to 2 we boxed 2 , 10# and 20# . Lost another 4, and one of them broke us off. Pretty much everybody I saw out there was in to fish. all on chovies for us. 55 to 76' seemed to be depths that worked for us.

Left port moody at 5 this morning. Fished the red bell buoy off point grey. I think that's where it was. Marked tons of bait and fish and there was a lot of boats out there. Didn't see anything caught and we got nuthin. Whipped down to T10 . From 10 to 2 we boxed 2 , 10# and 20# . Lost another 4, and one of them broke us off. Pretty much everybody I saw out there was in to fish. all on chovies for us. 55 to 76' seemed to be depths that worked for us.

Firend called me to say T10 went off big time today! Thanks for the report Tulameen. Hows the back?

Nice to hear those reports off t-10 I will follow those reports and fish qa to south arm and report tomorrow.. I have heard the mile markers to qa is best but I dunno.... There has to be more reports out there. Lets keep em comin!

I was out there from 1:00pm to 6:30pm. Started out at the T-10 and had a fish on right away at 55' on anchovie. Lost it at the boat. Was about 12 pounds. Got another one on at 70' and this one got the old wood shampoo in the boat. Was about 15#. Finished the day off at the red bell but got nothing except one good hit that ripped it off the rigger at 70'. Out again tomorrow morning at the bell for a morning fish.

Just have to add another positive report from Vancouver harbor. Good weather, calm wind and water and finally some nice springs. I fished from 9 until 4 and took home a 21lb white spring and a 24lb red. Most of the morning was west of the bell buoy and all I got was shakers. Picked up the keepers after noon between the freighters near the mile marker. Anchovies at about 50 ft.

I fished friday from Sandheads to T10 and we got 25lbs of salmon, the catch is(no pun intended) was they were all one pounders:mad: couldn't shake the shakers. Got to T10 at low slack and saw a few decent fish landed on other boats, saw a guy get sealed. We fished chovies, spoons, hootchies, different color flashers, different speeds, different patterns, and all depths of the water column but just couldn't keep the little guys off. Lots of fish on the sounder.

Out this morning early. We got about a 16 pound red at 6am at the bell bouy on the first rod in the water at 60' while working on putting together the second one. Had a buddy out, so set the hook and handed him his first ocean caught spring. lots of excitement on that one. LOL. spent the rest of the day feeding the dogfish, man they were thick out there.

Out this morning early. We got about a 16 pound red at 6am at the bell bouy on the first rod in the water at 60' while working on putting together the second one. Had a buddy out, so set the hook and handed him his first ocean caught spring. lots of excitement on that one. LOL. spent the rest of the day feeding the dogfish, man they were thick out there.

Similar story here at the Bell Buoy this a.m. ... picked up a 17lb white at 630am, shortly after dropping the lines, that was a real screamer and then spent the next three hours after that hours knocking off dogfish when trolling into the strong easterly wind and catching nothing when trolling with the easterly.

Will be interested to hear how people did at the T-10 today.

I was out yesterday around the bell. Nothing but dogfish and shakers. Even had those things biting my spoon. Only saw three fish hooked but sounds like there was a couple more before I got out there at around 6:45am. Had some motor problems but hopefully get back out there on wednesday. Fished until 1:00pm

Don't know about u but when the dogs are out, I leave because I have never ever got into salmon when the dogs were competing for my gear, some times just speeding up keeps em off, just my 2cents

Don't know about u but when the dogs are out, I leave because I have never ever got into salmon when the dogs were competing for my gear, some times just speeding up keeps em off, just my 2cents

We did. We started fishing more down towards the mile marker and to just inside the bell bouy. As soom as we got outside the bell and sometimes close to it we'd get another one on. Hard to leave a place you got one though and the weather was cutting down on options on where to move. We started the morning off turning south towards the T10 but turned back about a mile down. seemed like most of the guides were fishng beside us.

I saw you out there Finally. We were on our way out when you were standing at the back of your boat. Guess that was when you were having your motor issues.

What a gong show at the ramp. It's getting worse and worse every year. It's the one reason i look forward to the winter, early spring. Less people who have no clue and have no clue they have no clue!

Back