2012 Vancouver, Howe sound and Sunshine coast reports thread

Look for the grady white guide boats. They should be just west of cap mouth at the Pink Palace. It is a god aweful pink building, you cant miss it unless you suffer colour blindness.

Hey all, glad to hear the fish are coming in somewhat steady! I am new to the area and recently moved out from the island to Coquitlam so I have no idea what markers or area's you fish. I am heading off to the mouth of the Cap today and going to try my luck wading through the little shakers. If anyone is about be sure to give me a shout on the two way. Good luck out there today!

Mike

My dashboard looks like army & navy

Trying rubber, lures, teaser heads. Slooooow at the t ten. Been here since six am. Haven't seen any nets dipped

Anyone else out right now, just heading to the boat hoping to catch an afternoon bite

Marking lots at the T-10, cant keep the friggen shakers off, very annoying to say the least, heard the whales were down at tge coal docks

Beauty day on the drink today. Sorry to mongoose for all the chatter. It was my buddy s first time salmon fishing and he thought the VHF was the coolest thing, he loves the banter. Tried to stick it out but couldn't scrounge anything up. Shoulda listened to get bent and moved to the mile marker I guess.... Got a buzz and a sunburn and no fish to clean. Sweet day

Hi Revenge,

I got a mere 20 (smelts) around lions gate off of the wall. As usual the challenge is to keep your nets free of seals (good luck). I usually spend the next day repairing my nets. Far cry from 10x I use to get 10 yrs. ago. Nonetheless I really enjoyed them. Started by frying up 6 ate them, 6 more before I knew it I ate them all. I also released about a 5 pound wild coho caught in my net. I always wanted to try and keep them alive(smelts) and drive them over to the cap and try for coho the old fashion way. 2 oz banana 10 ft. leader and live herring substituted by smelts. Always wondered never tried.

Fished T-10 yesterday morning. Nothing to show there, moved to N Arm and then Bell Buoy. Nothing there. Did not hear of much on the radio for chatter. Finished up off Dundrave and managed one wild coho on a choive at 25 feet. Saw a handful of other Coho caught for 25 plus boats.

Fished T-10 yesterday morning. Nothing to show there, moved to N Arm and then Bell Buoy. Nothing there. Did not hear of much on the radio for chatter. Finished up off Dundrave and managed one wild coho on a choive at 25 feet. Saw a handful of other Coho caught for 25 plus boats.

Looks like its just spotty, hope those Cap springs show soon.

Hey DMurph check your mail - sent pm re: the photo you took of me off Bell Monday night.

Sir-vivor ... The bulk of that wave at bell/harbour/T10 were reds so likely Fraser for the most part - Cap whites still a bit to go yet

Peahead, I got a few whites around the bell recently. Agreed that most are Fraser reds but signs of the cap springs are starting. My guide friends are getting about 20% whites right now. They have moved into the area but I doubt they will stage at the CAP mouth for a few weeks yet.
Just my take on it.

Hey DMurph check your mail - sent pm re: the photo you took of me off Bell Monday night.

Sir-vivor ... The bulk of that wave at bell/harbour/T10 were reds so likely Fraser for the most part - Cap whites still a bit to go yet

Peahead, I got a few whites around the bell recently. Agreed that most are Fraser reds but signs of the cap springs are starting. My guide friends are getting about 20% whites right now. They have moved into the area but I doubt they will stage at the CAP mouth for a few weeks yet.
Just my take on it.

Either the whites are starting to show up or my anchovies are scaring the reds off ... we picked up one white at the Bell Buoy each morning this past weekend.

Left the north arm around 8 this morning to find a very lumpy ocean. Lines went down near the bell. Lots of bait on the sonar and 2 missed hits. Trolled towards the QA with no results, went south and called it a day.

Either the whites are starting to show up or my anchovies are scaring the reds off ... we picked up one white at the Bell Buoy each morning this past weekend.

I think only the stinky whites like the old smelly chovies !! lol

Interesting that two in a row for you were white however if you were to look at more numbers from many boats the chinook lately in t10/Bell area ( last couple weeks) the lions share were reds. ST mentioned Harrison fish and yes, whites in the harbour could certainly be heading to the fraser/harrison rather than Cap. But hey, they could be showing up - also our net pen whites might be showing up in advance of the cap fish/

(BTW The fall cap chin. and net pen fish are Harrison brude stock whites )

Back