2012 Vancouver, Howe sound and Sunshine coast reports thread

Was at Thrasher on Saturday with a friend. We released 2 undersized (south of the light), kept a scrappy 25lb marble and had one pop off the rigger and was gone (at Grande). All fish took a 3" cop car at 72' following the 100' contour.

Started off on the west end of Bowen, and worked right around and down to the cap, only one junior at 65 on a green and blue hooch.Did not see a net out today

Fished Thrasher and Grande Sunday, no luck at Thrasher, lots of boats early, moved on and went 4 for 4 at Grande on the flood.
Lots of boats in tight but we stayed out deeper in 200+ feet of water.
Boxed an 18lb marbled and a 13lb white, released 2 smaller springs.
140-160 feet on spoons.
Didn't see alot of other nets out.
That sun felt great, what a Canada Day!

just wondering when bell bouy starts firing up? and if u can hit soxs there cant go out much farther in my little boat lol

Ya last year sockeye fishing was great in the harbour. Hopefully this year there is enough for an opening.

just wondering when bell bouy starts firing up? and if u can hit soxs there cant go out much farther in my little boat lol

Socs ? At the Bell this year? ...you are just about exactly a year late lol !!! ..... yes they certainly can be there but if you do hook any this year , I'm afraid to say that they will most likely have to go back as there is little chance they will open this year in GS. As far as Bell "firing up" , think "Chinook" ......or coho in the harbour.

Anyone been up around Sechelt area. Going to spend a week in that area this year as i have finally said no more to $660.00 ferry bills to Quadra and back any more. I have done that trip for the last 20 years and am done on how much to take a ferry 50 miles. So this area is all new for me so any help is great.

Anyone been up around Sechelt area. Going to spend a week in that area this year as i have finally said no more to $660.00 ferry bills to Quadra and back any more. I have done that trip for the last 20 years and am done on how much to take a ferry 50 miles. So this area is all new for me so any help is great.
Don't expect much hasn't been worth the gas to get there for almost 20 years now as you'll find out.

i started driving my boat and family to quadra,, saved a tonne of money and the adventure was way better!!!!

Out at 7 pm, fished to 8pm, around the Bell. 1 small spring, again. This time on Anchovy.
Working on getting the new boat figured out.

Beautiful night to be out. Bit of a breeze, but water was pretty flat.

Oh, picked up a couple of sticks too. A lot of stuff out there. 2 trees just out from the 2nd marker. Be careful out there.

They are catching lots of fish out of pender harbour just north of sechelt. Also some guys are saying sechelt inlet is hot right now

Great news Roddy! I'm working a roof at pender and just about to quit for the day and drop the boat in.

Pender harbour area can be great. Usually able to land a few springs still. Will report any action.

My friends brother got one of the nicest 32 pound springs I've ever seen last night off Epsom Pt outside Secret Cove. I'll see if he can post the picture you'll swear its closer to 40! Hey Roddy Snake Bay can produce some beauty springs in the inlet and is only 10 minutes from the Porpoise Bay boat launch. Its the bay directly across and north of Porpoise Bay Provincial Park. Also keep your eyes open for jumping coho's as they should be heading down the inlet towards the hatchery and in front of the park.

Snake Bay, just north there is a cliff you can hug... also just before 9mile pt.. about 8.5mile then troll around 9mile... If you stay right around 9 mile and head to the old Church camp you can find Salmon... Its tough... post your fish if you get them because it aitn easy... Ive pulled fish out of there but she's tough...
On the other hand Lingcod can be fantastic in the inlet...

Good luck

Got out for 3 hrs last night fishing secret cove area. 2 hrs before slack rod started bouncing hard but didnt stick. Only other action was 1 undersized. Will report soon.

Back