Search results

1. G

Slot limit announced....

How about the five nations fishery on the Westcoast of the island. Fleet of 12 commercial trollers fishing from the corner to the whales tail. Not sure how well Chinook survive being dragged around for 1/2 hour on a 8/0 siwash at 3 miles an hour. Can't they wait and open when when area G...
  2. G

used raymarine e120 and radar dome

Sorry units sold by phone first thing this morning
  3. G

used raymarine e120 and radar dome

Sold...I have a Raymarine e120 head for sale. This would be a good backup or a replacement for someone that already has a full raymarine system. Also it has the Vancouver island chart still in it. I don't have a picture but I also have a working radar dome and cable for this unit. I am asking...
  4. G

Twin 200 yamaha's for sale

For sale. Twin 1993 Yamaha 200txrr. Comes complete with dual controls, cables, gauges, oilers and props. 1200 original hours and can be seen running next week. After that the motors will be off the boat. Price is $2500 firm. Located in Port Alberni. Call 250 720 7748.
  5. G

3D Structure Scan

Come see me at the Navico booth at the boat show and I can run through all your options. Measure your dash if you are going flush mount. Lots of options to consider and I we may have a few ideas that will get you more for less money.
  6. G

Help, Yamaha 225

Hook your engine to a day tank so that you can isolate the problem. Depending on the brand of boat you may have plugged pick up screen, if no screen then it could be a piece of silicon or rubber getting stuck in the anti siphon valve. I have had your problem with both types of tank set ups. The...
  7. G

Shimano Terez

I have had a bunch of different colored Terez rods over the years and I have settled on the black ones as being my favorite. They were really hard to get for almost a year and now they seem to be everywhere. It was really hard to find the right rod from ordering from a catalog and I was...
  8. G

Opinions on Ace Line Hauler vs Scotty Prawn Puller

The Scotty Puller is handy for a lot of things besides pulling traps. I use it to retrieve my 600 feet of anchor rope that is hanging below my scotchman. I used to reverse with the kicker and hand pull, now I just drift and use the Scotty puller until the float hits the boat. I am sure lots of...
  9. G

Shimano Terez

I fish with the 7ft heavy Terez rod that you are looking at. I primarily use them in Mexico for stripe Marlin. They are by far the best live bait rod available. For Halibut and Tuna I prefer the medium heavy Terez. It has a softer feel with enough back bone. It comes with a fixed cap, not a...
  10. G

Lowrance LCX 112/10inch with Chart and Transducer

This unit is sold, thanks guys
  11. G

Lowrance LCX 112/10inch with Chart and Transducer

This is a 10 inch LCX 112 color GPS/Sonar combo. Comes with Vancouver Island Chart, Network Kit and Transducer. I have it connected and working and can be test driven before purchase. Price is firm $600 Located in Port Alberni
  12. G

Guiding Insurance and Limitations RE: TUNA

That is not completely true. From our lodge in Kyuquot we are able to access a huge part of the best tuna grounds on the coast and we are still operating inside the 25nm boundary. Actually we can access a good chunk of the 1000 fathom line which is the tuna highway on the coast. Brooks peninsula...
  13. G

Halibut fishing today

Great post. I bet the guy that caught the 83cm was just as excited as the other two guys that caught the bigger ones. Many in this forum by the way they talk would have thrown that back. Ya right...
  14. G

New Halibut Regulations Update

Hey Jackel, I would think not many guides would have pictures of a bunch of dudes just hanging out at the dock. The expectation is what sells the trip. It is a lot less work when you only have to clean a few rather than a bunch so if the guests is happy with just a few the guide is trice as...
  15. G

Spreader bars

Maybe try to stay right on the rod, it best to be just off the bottom rather than the weight dragging the bottom. Use 80lb leader and minimum 100 power pro and your leader will break before the main line does. Halibut have eyes on the tops of their heads for a reason. Sometimes with a swell it...
  16. G

New Halibut Regulations Update

I remember reading somewhere that the average size for BC was 88 cm. The average size for fish under the 88cm was 75cm and average size for fish over 88cm was 99cm. I think it is a little more than simple math and with the varibles such as weather, guided and unguided anglers, and 1 day versus...
  17. G

Anybody have any experience with the "chirp" tranny technology?

I will let you know how well it works in Ukee when I move the boat over in May. I am sure I will have lots of screen shots to share come fall. I have the b265 for the nss 12 and the 600w 744 wider angle for my Hds 10. Units are networked together so I can run the wide angle on the big screen as...
  18. G

Best Aftermarket Transducer for Lowrance HDS

Airmar 744 is probably the best one for the money. 12 degree cone angle using 200khz. Not just a little better than the one that comes with it. If money isn't a concern and you fish under 300feet of water then ss270w is the ultimate. The 270 is a 25 degree cone angle using 200khz. These two...
  19. G

Halibut! What do you want?

Has something changed in Alaska? The sport limit in 3A hasn't been affected by reduction in TAC but I believe area 2C is one fish under 45 inches or one over 68inches. Last year it was one Halibut under 37inches period. Long flight to Alaska for one 15lb Halibut. You must also keep the carcass...
  20. G

Just got off the phone with Chuck Ascroft SFAB regarding Halibut

On the first day the average will most likely be the same that it was in all areas this past year. Not all areas areas have a 10lbs average. 25 north and 10 & 11 north, with the exception of area 1 are all much higher average. On the second day anglers will fish other area's (chicken ranch). The...
Back