WTB something slightly lighter than a commander 30 and with outboards.

Pearson marine has some nice boats available, the 25 Bertram they re did recently was really nice. If I was in the market with that price point I would give them a shout and see if they could help you out or do a trade of some sort.

Wish I had the money for that Bertram haha I live just up the road torture myself by driving by it everyday lol

Wish I had the money for that Bertram haha I live just up the road torture myself by driving by it everyday lol
I did love the look of that thing. If it's still around in this market that has to say something.

I did love the look of that thing. If it's still around in this market that has to say something.

Yeah that’s true, I think the no power is a big turn off for the average guy and the price a lot of people don’t really know what their looking at just an old boat for $100+k

You're just going through the PTSD after a big repair bill. We've all been there in some shape or form. After all, what does a B.O.A.T mean if there's no big spending?

Let's be honest here, your wife's requirements/preference would determine your next move. If she likes the existing setup, that's where you should keep your eyes on. So far, @bryce 's suggestion makes the most practical sense. You may not have a whole lot of wiggle room in this crazy market in terms of finding the perfect fit for this season. Might as well, use your boat this summer and see what's going to happen to the CERB infested market later in the year. If it's still as crazy as it is right now, just pod it and add a twin 4-stroke. It would definitely appreciate the value even if you decide to sell in the next couple of years. That way, you'd have more control over your budget and timelines. Hoping to find a perfect boat in this market is just too big of a gamble IMO.

So what your saying is you want the boat you have now just not the boat you have now but with all the stuff your boat has now.
My vote would be run it until end of the cap fishery( I think that’s the late run in Vancouver)
Have twin 300 or 350 suzuki’s waiting at a shop
Have boat booked in to get pod put on same time will be ready to go by November do some fine tuning yourself
Sell your motors and drives which will recoup quite a bit of money
Podding was the best decision I ever made to my wellcraft it’s not cheap but you can build everything to exactly how you want it and you’ll have brand new power on a solid hull
also id rather see a build thread then have everyone find you another new boat just don’t Snyder us ‍♂️
bryce does have some very good points, on the pod and new power, as he said you can recover some of the expenses by selling the used power. And yes, please dont "Snyder" us, that will end up on my grave stone, i'm sure of it... haha

Axopar aka a face only a mother could love. My buddy sells them and won't shut up about how amazing these things are. His Dad has a 37 and it slices though the slop like crazy and fast too. Still, fugly to me anyway.

They do ride nice.....and a buddy of mine also sells them at Freedom. I agree about the lines on them though.

Could you elaborate, when he had a thread on here the building practice looked great
The work that Quinn Pearson did on my boat was far from great. Ended up suing him. If I hadn’t investigated the work he did my boat would have either sunk from the holes he left in it or burned to the ground from the wiring job. I had to completely rip out and redo every single thing he touched. 3 years later and I’m still dealing with the stuff he did on my boat...... now getting the deck refibreglassed as it has all cracked and fell apart what he did. I have over 300 photos and 15 videos of proof of workmanship.

You aren't a fan of the Cutwater right? Do you also hate flybridges, seem to remember a rant or two? Pretty tough find one that is light. Have you thought about a really well-maintained tolly with their dripless shafts....and gas they may be cheaper on the pocketbook if you know a backyard guy. I saw what it cost to do diesel replacements and it was north of 100k USD. There is one Tolly 34 footer as cheap as 10k USD but needs work and will be that heavier weight.

This is a search you can set up for alerts both in Vancouver and Seattle that I love.

The new york version is better.

our 330 grady express has been everything we could have asked for. has most things you are looking for other than not a ton of rooftop storage . 35 ‘ 10” LOA , 11 ‘ 7 “ beam. 5000 rpm cruise around 27 kts and cuts through anything .

Back