WTB $300 000 Boat for $100 000. Serious offers only please.

you buy that grady? lol
Not sure what Grady you’re referencing but it ain’t me. I have a couple years until I can start spending more fun money and it won’t be fibreglass

Ohhhh you’re referencing the basement grow show hahaha. That isn’t a money maker. It’s a hobby

I think the Cutwaters and ranger tugs are nice looking myself but I've heard the quality of them isn't the best. This is coming from someone who works at a huge dealer and has sold probably in the hundreds of them. They are really fancy looking but because of how popular they have become the factory has had a hard time keeping up and the quality hasn't been the best. I'm not trying to crush your dreams or anything , Just what I've heard.

I think the Cutwaters and ranger tugs are nice looking myself but I've heard the quality of them isn't the best. This is coming from someone who works at a huge dealer and has sold probably in the hundreds of them. They are really fancy looking but because of how popular they have become the factory has had a hard time keeping up and the quality hasn't been the best. I'm not trying to crush your dreams or anything , Just what I've heard.
I've heard the same. Tough call for sure.

Just picked up a commander 30 this summer. Tons of room and easy to fish off. We have 3 kids under 7 and it sleeps everyone easily. My wife is used to spending time on her parents Bayliner 3788 so we had to find a balance between comfort and speed with lots of room for fishing, traps, gear etc. We started out looking at Cutwaters but decided that for the price point, the commander was a better fit. Great family boat and you can pick them up nicely equipped for around 100k. I'd hold out and see what comes up over the winter.

Just picked up a commander 30 this summer. Tons of room and easy to fish off. We have 3 kids under 7 and it sleeps everyone easily. My wife is used to spending time on her parents Bayliner 3788 so we had to find a balance between comfort and speed with lots of room for fishing, traps, gear etc. We started out looking at Cutwaters but decided that for the price point, the commander was a better fit. Great family boat and you can pick them up nicely equipped for around 100k. I'd hold out and see what comes up over the winter.
Thanks for the info! What power package do you have?

Wow the 30 is substantially bigger inside. Very nice. Does it have that secondary hatch above to get inside without hitting your head like the 26? I know it sounds crazy but we both have this really stupid, but totally real, hate for having to do two things to go inside (door and hatch). A single door with adequate headroom and a flush floor is going to be a must have.

Last edited:
The 30 is a totally different boat then the 26. It’s actually s float house. If you haven’t been on one go down to canmar in Richmond and check one out they are awesome, one of my dream boats for sure. Massive space inside and all one level to the back deck. Way different then the 26. The 26 would be sweet with a lower back deck and outboards, as with the inboards it makes the back fishing area to raised up

Wow the 30 is substantially bigger inside. Very nice. Does it have that secondary hatch above to get inside without hitting your head like the 26? I know it sounds crazy but we both have this really stupid, but totally real, hate for having to do two things to go inside (door and hatch). A single door with adequate headroom and a flush floor is going to be a must have.

Yes it's got the flip up hatch. I had a buddy out last weekend who is 6'4" and he was amazed how much room there was. It rained most of the weekend so the hatch stayed closed but wasnt an issue. In the dog days of summer it just stays open all day.
We looked at a 26 before buying a 30 and the size difference was a factor. Its amazing how much more room you get for an extra 4ft length/16" beam.

The nice thing on the commander is you can actually easily get at the inboards due to the layout, tons of room in the engine compartment. Easy to do maintenance yourself or any repairs.

Yes. I'm not a small guy and I can fit down in the engine compartment fairly easily.

I wouldn’t fear inboards on a 30 as the layout is nice for them, not in some moist dungeon you can’t get to. Outboards have some serious issues also these days it seems (I know you wanted outboards)
No I think I was thinking outboards as apposed to a single gas IO. If I'm into a 30 and dealing with diesels I think I'm fine with that. Was a cost thing too, obviously I could get into a newer, bigger boat with outboards. If I'm looking at an older boat and can save some cash I'm ok with the diesels for sure. That was the funny thing I found when looking at that 2006 26 commander. It still looks like an 80s boat. Aluminum windows and hand made teak everything. The gauges and switches are an almost retro feel for a newish boat. So **** it if they're that well built and there's no difference in fit and finish why not but a 30 year old one.

That's the same reason I got a late 80s commander and I'm doing newer power and electronics. It surveyed perfectly, was cheap and looks almost identical to one built in the 2000s. Just have to embrace the retro man haha.

A little white paint will hide all the 80s wood grain and then you’re cruising in the sexy yacht you wanted

Back