WTB $300 000 Boat for $100 000. Serious offers only please.

Man, that sounds awesome! Not sure if we could wait until May though. You may be thinking of another upgrade by then....:D

BTW, anyone else has noticed Stizzla’s been pretty quiet lately? :rolleyes: I guess he’s becoming vegan...
He’s probably working overtime to get my $100 together

My $.02 cause I don't want to miss on out this epic post...

Based on my past experience, I would suggest you keep the enclosure and tender until you have used the boat for a season. You might decide you want/need them depending on how you end up using the boat -which might not be exactly what you think come next summer ;) Up-sizing kicker is a great idea.

I agree. Don't sell the dinghy. I would get the bridge cover made up but keep the bimini for the summer. August I find myself looking for shade. Try everything as it sits and then make a decision. I frequently remove the dinghy when we are going fishing. Only takes a minute to drop it and tie it up. Just don't leave it sitting in the water too long or you will have growth starting.

Looks like I'll be at Burrard Civic on L float for January-February. Then might have to move out for a month and back to Burrard somewhere else. I'm game to throw the fryer on the dock and do it there. There's lots of empty 26' slips guys could use or Granville Island has day spots. Or cars, or course. I started another thread on it but didn't hear much. I'm also thinking about heading to Silva Bay in May for a weekend or four. We could do a little SFBC derby there and I'll do the cooking.

May/June is no good..I'll be in Europe..:D:p

Last edited:
Congratulations on the purchase! . Think you made a great choice based on your requirements and you will really enjoy the boat. Look after it, do a few upgrades and you will probably sell for close to what you purchased it for. ( next year when you buy a new boat! LOL)

I would keep the dinghy too. I just let mine sit at the dock when I go fishing. Its great when your anchored up or even docked somewhere and want to explore, check the crabtraps or even fish.
It is a lift raft too if you had some sort of serious failure.
It looks like your bridge bimini is fixed and the side windows come out. If you can I would remove the windows and make the bimini fold up. A bimini is pretty nice if pouring rain or a really hot and sunny day.
80% of the time we are all up top and only inside if really snotty out.

Upgrade to a 15kg Rocna anchor too. A few us have them and they set and hold like crazy. You can use your old Bruce for a halibut anchor setup. :)

So who's got a recommendation on a kicker and steering package for this size boat?... er yacht? No, vessel. :)

So who's got a recommendation on a kicker and steering package for this size boat?... er yacht? No, vessel. :)
I gotta think 25 Hp would be the right among of juice. Do you want a remote control steering or are you looking to add a rear station?

I gotta think 25 Hp would be the right among of juice. Do you want a remote control steering or are you looking to add a rear station?
If the remote controlled speed as well I'd go for that. Wouldn't want to have to steer with a remote but still require the tiller for speed.

Don’t mess around get atleast a 20hp minimum.... that’s a big heavy boat to push and last thing you wanna do is be fn around trying to troll and have not enough speed and control especially in the currents locally here around sandheads

I put the brand new Yamaha F25 EFI on mine with a HiThrust prop. Works great. Smooth, lighter than the previous 25, and EFI.

Talk to @dmurph about his thoughts on the Intellisteer hand held pendant steering, or consider mounting a small wheel on the transom or side gunwale.

Mount a remote control throttle / shift / key either on the transom at the wheel or on the side gunwale at the wheel.

For example here is one I did on a 315 Albemarle. Worked out perfectly.

Albemarle - 1 (1).jpg Albemarle - 1.jpg Albemarle - 3.jpg Albemarle - 1 (2).jpg

Back