WTB $300 000 Boat for $100 000. Serious offers only please.

Updates???
So survey and mechanical inspection went great. Didn't get a chance to sea trial it yet though because it was blowing 40 up the river and those guys didn't want to risk it. So back tomorrow morning for sea trial and barring any big issues the papers will be signed shortly after. I spent a lot of time inside today with the espar running playing with BOTH the HDS 12s radar :cool:.

Very nice!!! Nothing like central diesel heat to make a miserable wet day enjoyable! Hope you got some ideas for the flooring while you were there.

Awesome news....flooring, eh? I'm looking at a variety of things too including Flexiteek but wowsa that stuff is pricey. Not saying it won't happen but I need to do more due diligence so if I can ride your coattails all the better. She's a beauty!

I put this synthetic teak and holly sole in my Eaglecraft. It came on a roll and it's glued down. Looks good and is durable. Comes in 60" wide roll. Talk to Torry @ Eaglecraft if you want more info on it.

Eaglecraft - 1.jpg

Very nice!!! Nothing like central diesel heat to make a miserable wet day enjoyable! Hope you got some ideas for the flooring while you were there.
Awesome news....flooring, eh? I'm looking at a variety of things too including Flexiteek but wowsa that stuff is pricey. Not saying it won't happen but I need to do more due diligence so if I can ride your coattails all the better. She's a beauty!
To he honest the more I sat in there today the more I loved it just the way it is. I bvb think the wife will too once we have some good memories in the bank.

Reactions: BCI
That is one of the things you can do with a boat like this. Go down to the boat, turn on the furnace, and just hang out, play with the electronics, make some coffee, read a book on the couch. Doesn't matter how cold and ugly it is outside.
Plus the way she is setup now you can get from inside to the command bridge without getting wet. Its like you have another room up there with a 360 degree view!

I replaced all the green carpet in mine. The carpet goes in before any other fixtures so everything is on top of it. I removed the dinette and all the seating. Really quite easy and shows you how well but simple it is put together. I also sanded and re-oiled all the teak while it was out. New ultraleather upholstery too. Very happy with the new look.
This is before:

DSCN6241 (Medium).jpg

And this is after:

IMG_5434 (2) (Medium).jpeg
IMG_5433 (2) (Medium).jpeg

I put a new helm seat in as well. Its a Bentley. The kind you find in Ocean Sports, Sea Sports, Orca's etc.

IMG_5625 (2) (Medium).jpeg

I replaced all the green carpet in mine. The carpet goes in before any other fixtures so everything is on top of it. I removed the dinette and all the seating. Really quite easy and shows you how well but simple it is put together. I also sanded and re-oiled all the teak while it was out. New ultraleather upholstery too. Very happy with the new look.
This is before:

View attachment 41877

And this is after:

View attachment 41878
View attachment 41879

I put a new helm seat in as well. Its a Bentley. The kind you find in Ocean Sports, Sea Sports, Orca's etc.

View attachment 41880
Wow!!!:eek:

To he honest the more I sat in there today the more I loved it just the way it is. I bvb think the wife will too once we have some good memories in the bank.

My buddy has the ugly carpet too he just made up a carpet runner and it looked great, and your right it really doesn't matter just get out and enjoy the thing.

Yeah man don't keep us waiting too long.... 36 pages to get here. Now we are awaiting the details of the sea trial. Feels we are close to buying a boat and eating chicken!

Only 8knt at Sandheads. Must make a perfect sea trial day. Chicken with burbon and eggnogs would make a perfect closure to the season and this thread. :D

Ok ok ok. Sorry I actually had to catch up on sites today. We're gutting a house, lifting another and digging in 30' of peat bog on a new build and the 4" gas pump isn't keeping up with all the water. Cluster ****.

So yah that thing kicks butt man. Doesn't feel sluggish whatsoever. We cruised at 21 knts at 3100 and it easily got up to max 31 knts at 3800. Gets on plain surprisingly quick. Having never had twins before the docking control is out of this world. What a bloody trip though cruising around, literally feels like your driving a condo around. At the dock you don't notice it but under way man it's interesting for sure. It corners surprisingly well too. Only downsides were all the smoke and the noise. Two things I'll just have to get used to. So nothing majorly wrong mechanically. Couple gauges are off, small coolant leak, needs bottom paint. That's it. So some minor negotiations left and we'll be the proud new owners of La Sirena Gorda.

Last edited:
Ok ok ok. Sorry I actually had to catch up on sites today. We're gutting a house, lifting another and digging in 30' of peat bog on a new build and the 4" gas pump isn't keeping up with all the water. Cluster ****.

So yah that thing kicks butt man. Doesn't feel sluggish whatsoever. We cruised at 21 knts at 3100 and it easily got up to max 31 knts at 3800. Gets on plain surprisingly quick. Having never had twins before the docking control is out of this world. What a bloody trip though cruising around, literally feels like your driving a condo around. At the dock you don't notice it but under way man it's interesting for sure. It corners surprisingly well too. Only downsides were all the smoke and the noise. Two things I'll just have to get used to. So nothing majorly wrong mechanically. Couple gauges are off, small coolant leak, needs bottom paint. That's it. So some minor negotiations left and we'll be the proud new owners of La Sirena Gorda.

Love it!! So cool to read this. They are amazing boats and no question you will love it.
FYI the smoke seems to me worse when cold after a while it seems go away or if using the boat a lot it's not as bad. Also these can be fished alone my buddy have done it a lot. Used intellisteer.

With a boat like that I’m sure you will never need to fish alone.

Back