WTB $300 000 Boat for $100 000. Serious offers only please.

That Minor 31 is something special for sure, what a great rig with a ton of value. Landed here in town for low $200s. Hmmmm indeed

The closer one is a 27' with a D4. The further one is a 31' with a D6. I'd take the 31' and have it shipped. 31' will handle rougher water and D6 will be smoother running with less vibrations.
What do you figure all the shipping and Trumps would end up costing?

What do you figure all the shipping and Trumps would end up costing?

Rough estimate a buck a mile to haul it to Blaine for launch. $1000 import documentation fee and environmental filing for the D6. 6% import duty since it's a Euro made boat (not sure if the 10% import tariff applies since it's not a USA made boat - it may apply because it's coming in from USA, or it may not apply since it's not MADE in USA). 5% GST at time of import. PST to be paid when licensed in BC.

Then add $10k for your custom kicker and kicker steering solution.

It all really adds up. The import duties are a kick in the teeth and they may not be around forever. For the style of boat you are looking for, you really need to look at the PAC NW Builders. You're going to find it in Commander, and the alloy boats like North River, King Fisher, Silver Streak, etc., and you'll find it in SeaSport, Ocean Sport, etc.

Based on your budget constraint, you're going to have to go 10 years old or more and you aren't going to get the shiny new interior that has caught your wife's attention.

Cheap, Nice Interior, Pac NW design - you can only pick two.

Last edited:
Rough estimate a buck a mile to haul it to Blaine for launch. $1000 import documentation fee and environmental filing for the D6. 6% import duty since it's a Euro made boat (not sure if the 10% import tariff applies since it's not a USA made boat - it may apply because it's coming in from USA, or it may not apply since it's not MADE in USA). 5% GST at time of import. PST to be paid when licensed in BC.

Then add $10k for your custom kicker and kicker steering solution.
So 50% on top of sticker price including exchange! Fun.

Might have to give the old man a call lol. He can't take it with him right?! :p

So 50% on top of sticker price including exchange! Fun.

Might have to give the old man a call lol. He can't take it with him right?! :p
Honestly, this is what we did when we picked up our commander 30. Getting my folks involved doubled our budget and helps with any related costs as we split things 50/50. I do most of the maintenance but I enjoy doing it so not an issue. They live 8 hour drive from the coast so they only use it for a 2 week trip a year and then maybe 1 or 2 other weekends. We pull out a calendar in the spring and figure out a schedule. Seems to work pretty well.

I always use 1.5x for an estimated landed cost in canada. I heard that the 10% is recoverable or not being enforced but take that with a gigantic grain of salt.

Back