WTB $300 000 Boat for $100 000. Serious offers only please.

Did his cutwater only do 12? That was why we steared away from the ranger and towards the cutwater in the first place.
No the Cutwater cruised along nicely. I forget the top speed but it is the 20 + mph range . His move back to the Ranger is what I don't understand.

Still haven't found a great option with outboards. Was still what I was hoping for but the target seems to be continuously moving with her. I mean yeah if I could find a 28(?) cutwater with twin OB for 100k I'd be all over it lol.
You may be better off waiting until she makes up her mind.

I’m sure you can catch rides with members here over the winter

Still have the bayliner for now. Its the switching to a bigger slip that's got me moving faster. No real panic I just don't want to end up doing this in June when her, and everyone else, remember they love boating lol.

I've got a baby at home that's not quite two...I also have been poring over different boats and desperately want to get the whole family out fishing. On the other hand, every day with the baby is different and he's growing up so fast. He's excited about fish but also has an attention span that is best measured in minutes counted on one hand. My wife and I were talking about boats on the weekend and agreed to aim to buy a suitable boat in 5 years or so. Finding the time for my wife and I to talk about anything significant (mortgage, investments, jobs, where to live, what boat to buy, etc etc etc) is also challenging. I wish you well in your search and I'll live vicariously through you if do indeed get a new boat. Good luck!

Did his cutwater only do 12? That was why we steared away from the ranger and towards the cutwater in the first place.

PASTE;

The Cutwater 26 costs $149,937 for a base model: A decked-out variety at the dealership this week cost $179,900 including $10,000 for the trailer. Sporting an 80-gallon tank, the cruiser can travel 200 miles at a realistic 2.5 miles per gallon average. Top speed comes in at 25 mph. “It’s not a sports car,” Duncan said.

END PASTE.

Knock off 2-3mph for bottom paint and fishing equipment load. 22mph top speed. Knock off 15% to get that diesel into it's proper operating RPM ... 18-19mph cruise.

Now go out in your existing boat and see how long you can run 18-19mph for.

LINK;

https://www.postandcourier.com/auto...cle_38ab907d-257f-5e28-bbf0-bf14c9d87976.html

Not that it matters a hell of a lot but that D3 is 220 HP not 200....there's a lot of fail in that ad. Lists it having 2 engines, one being a yami 9.9 when it clearly is a 25hp...anyway you'd need to sea trial it to see how it runs. I do think it needs 300hp to keep it at a 22 knot cruise. Hull design plays a big part, for instance, the 26' Hourston we run is a 18 knot easy cruise in almost all conditions....or 38 knots on GPS flat out but you're going to be buying a lot of DPS drives with all the **** in the water out here...been there once already!

I've got a baby at home that's not quite two...I also have been poring over different boats and desperately want to get the whole family out fishing. On the other hand, every day with the baby is different and he's growing up so fast. He's excited about fish but also has an attention span that is best measured in minutes counted on one hand. My wife and I were talking about boats on the weekend and agreed to aim to buy a suitable boat in 5 years or so. Finding the time for my wife and I to talk about anything significant (mortgage, investments, jobs, where to live, what boat to buy, etc etc etc) is also challenging. I wish you well in your search and I'll live vicariously through you if do indeed get a new boat. Good luck!
Thanks man I appreciate the support.
I think in our current situation we have a set budget game plan for at least the next 5 years. We bought our house a couple years ago and just moved into the new laneway house this summer. We rent out the main house which covers a big chunk of the mortgage. We decided long ago that we'd sacrifice living in a large home so that we could afford a more year round boat.

PASTE;

The Cutwater 26 costs $149,937 for a base model: A decked-out variety at the dealership this week cost $179,900 including $10,000 for the trailer. Sporting an 80-gallon tank, the cruiser can travel 200 miles at a realistic 2.5 miles per gallon average. Top speed comes in at 25 mph. “It’s not a sports car,” Duncan said.

END PASTE.

Knock off 2-3mph for bottom paint and fishing equipment load. 22mph top speed. Knock off 15% to get that diesel into it's proper operating RPM ... 18-19mph cruise.

Now go out in your existing boat and see how long you can run 18-19mph for.

LINK;

https://www.postandcourier.com/auto...cle_38ab907d-257f-5e28-bbf0-bf14c9d87976.html
Barf

Also I never realised they were that cheap new. I guess the boat show one was a 28 or 30 with twin 250s and went 60mph. Maybe that's why it was 325k!

Barf

Also I never realised they were that cheap new. I guess the boat show one was a 28 or 30 with twin 250s and went 60mph. Maybe that's why it was 325k!

Well, it's a USA article, so US Dollars would be quoted in their review. To the US Dollar figure, add 31% foreign exchange, 10% import duty, and 12% PST GST for +55%.... $180k USD becomes $280k Cdn in your slip, just like that. Still not $325k Cdn, but not too far.

Well, it's a USA article, so US Dollars would be quoted in their review. To the US Dollar figure, add 31% foreign exchange, 10% import duty, and 12% PST GST for +55%.... $180k USD becomes $280k Cdn in your slip, just like that. Still not $325k Cdn, but not too far.

This...add 50% minimum plus the ******** us boat tariff.

Last edited:
For you guys with kids, an express style with as few steps as possible are the best option in my opinion to avoid nasty falls....like a 305 Grady or the like. Even with my kids at 9 and 10 I don't feel it would be safe with a command bridge with how much monkeying around they like to do. This is why the Tiara 3200 OS like this one or the Pursui 315OS are on my radar. Most likely the Pursuit as I just feel more comfortable with the outboards...

Attachments

• 20181103_133825_resized_1.jpg
    20181103_133825_resized_1.jpg
    302.3 KB · Views: 82
  • 20181103_133811_resized_1.jpg
    20181103_133811_resized_1.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 80
For you guys with kids, an express style with as few steps as possible are the best option in my opinion to avoid nasty falls....like a 305 Grady or the like. Even with my kids at 9 and 10 I don't feel it would be safe with a command bridge with how much monkeying around they like to do. This is why the Tiara 3200 OS like this one or the Pursui 315OS are on my radar. Most likely the Pursuit as I just feel more comfortable with the outboards...
Damn, that blue Tiara is sexy. Is it listed for sale?

Thanks man I appreciate the support.
I think in our current situation we have a set budget game plan for at least the next 5 years. We bought our house a couple years ago and just moved into the new laneway house this summer. We rent out the main house which covers a big chunk of the mortgage. We decided long ago that we'd sacrifice living in a large home so that we could afford a more year round boat.
Man you have a good wife. Mine would live in the small house and make sacrifices, but only to improve our overall situation. There is no way she would do it so I / we could have a sexier boat!

I’m still stuck on the fact renting out the big house doesn’t cover your mortgage! I feel for anyone faced with Lower Mainland housing costs, not sure how any of you afford a home and a boating/fishing habit?! (At least not those with legal jobs, lol!).

While your wife may have a fairly strict wants/needs list, and a strict budget, at least you’re looking, and that’s saying a lot!

Cheers!

Ukee

I’m still stuck on the fact renting out the big house doesn’t cover your mortgage! I feel for anyone faced with Lower Mainland housing costs, not sure how any of you afford a home and a boating/fishing habit?! (At least not those with legal jobs, lol!).

While your wife may have a fairly strict wants/needs list, and a strict budget, at least you’re looking, and that’s saying a lot!

Cheers!

Ukee
The worst part of all is that we get $3700 a month rent and that still doesn't cover it. Needless to say if we didn't have renters for 6 months there'd be no more boat fund.

The fast versus slow thing is key.
I have three kids under eight and a flatlander wife.
Best combo for me is a mother ship that has a fast totally dedicated fish skiff in tow and/or preferably on board.

I didn’t realize the cut waters were so slow, I thought the ad was a typo. That slow a cruise would be a deal breaker for me, which is to bad as I’ve been eying them up myself.

Back