WTB $300 000 Boat for $100 000. Serious offers only please.

I didn’t realize the cut waters were so slow, I thought the ad was a typo. That slow a cruise would be a deal breaker for me, which is to bad as I’ve been eying them up myself.
I followed up with the broker and he sent me this.

Resized_Screenshot_20181106-220724_Gmail.jpeg

So, w/ the 260hp diesel the 28’ cutwater cruises at approx 20mph w/ a fuel burn of 8gph or 2.5mpg and a wot top speed of 30mph? I could live w/ that. Problem being that set up is well beyond the $100k budget!

Cheers!

Ukee

So, w/ the 260hp diesel the 28’ cutwater cruises at approx 20mph w/ a fuel burn of 8gph or 2.5mpg and a wot top speed of 30mph? I could live w/ that. Problem being that set up is well beyond the $100k budget!

Cheers!

Ukee
Correct. Not quite as fast but way better burn than the 5.0L I'm in now. Considering its 2 feet wider and 5 feet longer that's pretty awesome. I'm going to look at a 2012 in Richmond on Tuesday. Asking $169 which is the exact same price as the 2012 in PA. Richmond one has a brand new engine but PA one has a kicker , tender and only 400 hours. The only hope on either would be getting a significant discount on the ask. But man for just 11k more you can get a 2015! Lol. Starts to make you wonder why guys are selling these boats so soon though :confused:

Did they say what happened to the main on Richmond boat? I actually paid attention to how our 26' gas powered boat performs yesterday....the hull on our hourston doesn't "pivot to plane" it just sort of pops onto the water so at about 14 knots or 2200 rpms it is legitimately planing without using tabs to force the bow down. I cruise this boat about 3,000 rpms and that's about 21 knots on GPS depending on tides. With so much junk in the waters around here that is fast enough for me, and the range is excellent with 250L in the tanks.

The best thing I did was go from F5's to F3's on the DPS duo prop when the leg was replaced 2 years ago and our boat is around 6,500 wet I believe. I think the Cutwater is a pretty efficient hull so I wouldn't be concerned about gas vs diesel and I would look for one with outboards given the choice.

Did they say what happened to the main on Richmond boat? I actually paid attention to how our 26' gas powered boat performs yesterday....the hull on our hourston doesn't "pivot to plane" it just sort of pops onto the water so at about 14 knots or 2200 rpms it is legitimately planing without using tabs to force the bow down. I cruise this boat about 3,000 rpms and that's about 21 knots on GPS depending on tides. With so much junk in the waters around here that is fast enough for me, and the range is excellent with 250L in the tanks.

The best thing I did was go from F5's to F3's on the DPS duo prop when the leg was replaced 2 years ago and our boat is around 6,500 wet I believe. I think the Cutwater is a pretty efficient hull so I wouldn't be concerned about gas vs diesel and I would look for one with outboards given the choice.
They said it was an overheating issue? Didn't know much else about it. The outboards would be ideal.

They said it was an overheating issue? Didn't know much else about it. The outboards would be ideal.

Is that boat diesel? Perhaps they let the manifolds / risers go too long...that's something I am super paranoid over. I changed out what I think were the originals at 250 hours. Now it has just over 510 hours and these ones will get swapped out before next season. Last thing I need is an avoidable overheat condition with the family...blah

Is that boat diesel? Perhaps they let the manifolds / risers go too long...that's something I am super paranoid over. I changed out what I think were the originals at 250 hours. Now it has just over 510 hours and these ones will get swapped out before next season. Last thing I need is an avoidable overheat condition with the family...blah
Yes it's diesel. Blah is right :confused:

Cheers!

Ukee
Yeah, but it is like a penthouse that floats.

Correct. Not quite as fast but way better burn than the 5.0L I'm in now. Considering its 2 feet wider and 5 feet longer that's pretty awesome. I'm going to look at a 2012 in Richmond on Tuesday. Asking $169 which is the exact same price as the 2012 in PA. Richmond one has a brand new engine but PA one has a kicker , tender and only 400 hours. The only hope on either would be getting a significant discount on the ask. But man for just 11k more you can get a 2015! Lol. Starts to make you wonder why guys are selling these boats so soon though :confused:
In my buddies case he has 2 foot-itis. This will be his third boat in three years, probably still cheaper than switching up wives

Whelp. Went to go see the 2012 28 Cutwater today in Richmond. What an asshole that owned that boat. It's no wonder that the motor failed. Doesn't look like its been washed in the 6 years of its life. I think they're trying to hide all the damage they've done to it while docking. The tiny net and 6 jigging rods on board were a pretty good sign of who owned it. All the seats were cracked and ripped. There was substantial water damage to the plywood wall panelling under the windows inside. Pretty much what most guys have been saying about them. Looked 20 years old not 6.

Yup. Dream boat for most guys and a throw away for these dickheads. Ugh that just put me in such a bad mood.

Ever build a house for them and then the next 6 month they cook fish soup and then come after you to warranty all the items....

Back