WTB 2 Scotty Saltair Downriggers,

halimark

Looking for 2 old scotty saltair's, must be 1 ft per turn model, have 2 with 2 ft per turn models to sell/trade. Want to replace lake trolls with stronger but still want compact.

HM

Thanks, hoped to find one closer with less trouble, I am in no rush. Was not happy with the lake trolls on the tinny last year, looking to make a permanent non intrusive mount and figured the old small saltair's would be a cheap fix. Someone must have one in the "junk" fishing pile closer to Vic.

HM

Sorry StormTrooper, seen those. I have 2 of the exact same ones, they are the 2 ft per turn models, looking for the smaller 1 ft per turn ones. I think the smaller ones will be less intrusive on the tinny. Cant believe that nobody on here has any in their junk fishing corner.

HM

i have a couple of Penn fathom master 600 that are vertical drum style might work in a small boat. cheap almost free. they actually fish much nicer than scotty manuals.

I am a total PENN guy when it comes to rods and reels but for downriggers its scotty all the way. Still looking for the old saltire small 1 ft per cranks. Lowest profile, strong enough for 5 lb ball and fresh water tinny.

HM

Looking for this one, small diameter spool equals 1 ft per handle turn. They came blue or black I believe.

HM

Attachments

• images.jpg downrigger.jpg
    images.jpg downrigger.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 39
Here's a comparison pic, top is the 2 ft per turn larger model. Middle and bottom are ones I am looking for.

HM

Attachments

• 62077346_934.jpg
    62077346_934.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 47
Internet search puts lots at $20-$30 ea, depending on wire, condition and accessories. Was a NIB one in Saanich asking $95. There are just none available now. Not looking for a vintage quality, will put braid on so wire not required, want good enough condition for tinny and trout.

HM

Internet search puts lots at $20-$30 ea, depending on wire, condition and accessories. Was a NIB one in Saanich asking $95. There are just none available now. Not looking for a vintage quality, will put braid on so wire not required, want good enough condition for tinny and trout.

HM
I have two riggers in my basement that I haven't used in years, the one foot models you are looking for. I have a couple of the 2 foot models that I use in my 14 foot Duroboat if I fish Cowichan Lake so don't need the one foot riggers any more. One has been customized slightly (extended arm) but I suspect could be converted back to original if desired.
I live in Colwood, pm me if you want to arrange to look at the riggers.
...Rob

I was just a kid, and could hardly see over the gunnels but some of my favorite jobs were reeling in shakers and raising the downriggers (it was unlawful to have electric downriggers, I believe you needed a Dr's note) ....before I became a teenager fishing slowed and the boat was parked...... 10 years ago I resurrected the old girl, removed the old gear and outfitted with new.
I've been watching the thread hoping you would find some.
Not sure why, but seems tuff for me to sell old gear.
Do you have any old gear you would trade?
Old plugs or different type of lure used on the west coast?
I don't have the mounts and the cable is 30 years old lol they are just dusty, should clean up nice.
Resized_20190101_131750.jpeg
Resized_20190101_131726.jpeg

Last edited:
Hopefully you will be able to keep your memorable ones, I have been in contact with Rob H, he has a couple I am interested in. I will call him tomorrow to view then confirm on here when my quest is fulfilled.

Thanks

HM

Back