winter swap

Fixit

last summer my Seabeam trip was cut a little short with a bad rod knock.
upon returning home I found that #1 cyl had 50 psi compression, i stopped checking after i saw that number..

after much searching i found an old boat with a new engine. it was repowered in 2008 with a 300hp seacore 350 mpi and a bravo 1.

yanking the old one out
IMG_3423.jpg

bravo transom sheild assembly installed
IMG_3523.jpg

using the forklift to hoist it into place
IMG_3525.jpg

shoehorned into place... risers rub the dog house a little and the raw water pump is about 1/8" from the stringer. might have to address that one
IMG_3526.jpg

ive got a great video of the engine running on the pallet, sounds wicked!
but cant seem to post it

Looking good, what came out?
sounds like you may have to cut into that stringer a little? or find a different style pump, I believe there is one made that mounts right off the front of the crank, might be a volvo application, looks like a fair bit of room there tho.

Took a carbed 4.3 out.

I'm hoping that when I align the engine it will give me a little more pulley room for the raw water pump. Otherwise I'll have to do some grinding I guess

How is a plug change going to be?? It looks like the bottom of the manifolds are below deck in the pic..

Hoping the iridium plugs will last a long time

That would have led me to the second question I had..... Did you put new plugs in? :D

I hope you get many good hours out of it. It should have a bunch more jump eh? Might want to change props after she is up and going

A price I'm willing to pay for almost double the hp

Plugs weren't brand new but had 55 hrs on them. Good enough for me

Prop calculators say I should be running a 23" pitch, 15" diameter prop at 65mph wot
I'll start with the 19" and A friend has a21" to test out too

Can't wait for the first sea trial!!!!!

What is the boat fixit?

make sure to give us a wave when you blow by lol

e789eba5b722f1e11edec2baf0cf8682.jpg
a8b5e9982453ac1c7dff42b7597502c4.jpg

Need some trim tabs before I hit those speed I think. But soon. Where r u out of hookin up?

Back