2008 mercruiser 377 mag MPI for sale

Fixit

Ive been storing this engine for 3 or 4, maybe 5? years now. Its a fresh water cooled 2008 377 mag mpi DTS with estimated 300-400hours based on previous invoices and last known service.

I got the motor with the idea of upsizing my 350 to a 377 in my old boat that I sold or maybe buying a project Donzi sweet 16, but really this needs to go to a new owner.

It does require some TLC. It came from an insurance write off, and had damage to the top of the motor. ie plastic trim cap is cracked, circuit breaker broken. some brackets were bent. additionally it needs new dryjoint exhaust risers, the alternator is noisy (bad bearings) and it should have a tune up IMO.
It has a new starter and I had it running today on a pallet in the back of my trailer. its been run periodically and winterized /fogged every fall, and had a "Hotstart" block heater keeping it warm every winter.

what should I be asking for this? 5000? I know most boats dont use DTS. I planned on changing the intake/computer with my 350 to use the mechanical throttle and shift instead of the fly by wire stuff.

can be shown running to interested parties. located in comox

Back