Winter Springs Camp

B

badassbaits

I heard the fishing out at Cape Mudge and the surrounding area about a week and a half to two weeks ago was really good. Guys were out there doing really well. Has anybody been out since? I was looking to go out this weekend.

Went out on sunday launched from pac playground a few big ones showing not biting or liking what we had got into shakers on the lines. Used anchovies with green teaser heads. Thought we had a a good day until we got into dock. Another boat in before us had two beauts on the walkway in the 20 range. Said they where using 5 inch cop car spoon, (so they said). Will be out next week hopefully if the weather hold.

20lbers at this time of year? Well I guess it could happen cause there was a 30lber caught in Campbell River. Anyone else seeing 20lbers being caught?

The herring will start to push thru that area now till the end of March-for the annual spring thing :)
The springs do like their herring

well it can't be a bad thing to see such beefy winters - maybe Nanaimo will go off again this spring like 2009.

Being that there is a bunch of guys here in the valley that fish regularly and none of us have seen anything close to 20lbs. I would have to think they were 20 inches. I would love to see pictures of these 20lbers. 8-10 and a couple of 15lb fish yes...maybe 15 looks like 20 in some fishermans eyes. Dam I want to be out fishing. I have no work as of yesterday til the end of the month.

Well I look forward to reading another report of even a single 20# fish in this area.

Hey badassbaits, how was the water on Sunday? I was thinking about heading out but held back.

Was there... may not have been 20, but over 15 for sure .... 2 beatiful fish (and a mess of prawns... that are closed, no ?) Hope to be out with the badass again this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back