Winter Reports Sooke and Victoria 2008/2009

If all luck fails play 'Piper at the gates of dawn' through some 1000 watt system and they bite like a girl at Syd Barrett's behind. [:p]
just KIDDING,don't string me up for making a funny!!
Edited because I spelt Syds' name wrong.Couldn't sleep without fixing. :D

quote:Originally posted by rico

I will be going there on sunday, weather permitting of course. Launch at cattle and then around trial and i am gonna try there heading towards clover.
Craven, what do you think? Much happening on the flats? I was also wondering how much leader for the winters...
Thanks,
Rico

Good question Rico.... i haven't fished the flats since summer
more luck over the west side of Trial this time of year :)

okay, i'll go west side then. I figured if anyone knew anything about the flats it would be you. I am hoping my luck will change and i bag my first spring.

purple haze rules!!! limited out in 45 minutes. :D
+...5 9" Dungees'.
good day Saturday,gonna rip up the golf course today,need something a little more challenging...lolol

looks like a beutiful day out there!!
Any more reports

iscootblue.png

We picked up 2 yesterday 6-7 lbs , today nothing ...
not even a bite.
It was pretty rough 2-4' chop , but flattened out nicely near noon.

Well, I ended up catching those prawn traps that were floating in the kelp east of Clover. Wasn't anywhere close to them, but there was so much line floating off them that both riggers caught up. What a pain!!!

Was out beecher Bay today from 1- 5:30 Wow, what amazing action landed a double header 10 pounds and 8 pounds, then landed another 10 pounds then lost 2 by the boat 8-10 pounds then had 3 more hits. The fish are so agressive!!! 110-125ft Electric Chair Hootchie short leader 18 inches red flasher.

-Steve

Tight Lines!!

quote:Originally posted by TenMile

Well, I ended up catching those prawn traps that were floating in the kelp east of Clover. Wasn't anywhere close to them, but there was so much line floating off them that both riggers caught up. What a pain!!!

Hey Terry, my partner steered us into that mess while i was setting up gear. we ended up losing the weight, and release clip :(:(
not a good way to start the day

Funny thing Scott, I think I got your release clip back -- not the weight however. Black Scotty clip attached to some green line fell from one of the traps into the boat and I found it while cleaning up.

I'll have to ask the guy when he picks up his traps whether the prawns in front of Clover taste like my A$$.
[xx(]

well, i got out. It wasn't till about noon. I launched at cattle. I was gonna go around trial towards clover, but there was a serious chop going on. So i decided to turn back, and fish the stupid flats. I tell you, i am nearing the end for patience. I have gone out about 20 or so times, without a fish to show for it, well, not quite. Once i came home with a 4 pound rock cod. I saw all the boats off the water front, but with that chop i couldn't get around to join them. There were a couple of boats on the flats, unsure how they did though. Unless they are here?

well, i got out. It wasn't till about noon. I launched at cattle. I was gonna go around trial towards clover, but there was a serious chop going on. So i decided to turn back, and fish the stupid flats. I tell you, i am nearing the end for patience. I have gone out about 20 or so times, without a fish to show for it, well, not quite. Once i came home with a 4 pound rock cod. I saw all the boats off the water front, but with that chop i couldn't get around to join them. There were a couple of boats on the flats, unsure how they did though. Unless they are here?

Rico,

One thing you will find is that the water is often very chopped up right around Trial Island as the current tends to put a large set of standing waves there. As soon as you swing into the channel between Trial and the Golf Course, the chop disappears. Not sure of the size of your boat, so be careful of course...

Out for the morning, bit sloppy in Sooke. There's a lucky bstrd butt swimming out there right now LOL
Thanks DFO [xx(]
cheers

november2008002.jpg

JUST FISHEN'

Wow, that sucks Eh!! Where abouts did u hook that sucker?

I know another guy hooked one in beecher bay about 12 pounds too.

These danm Regs suck lol

-Steve

quote:Originally posted by TenMile

Funny thing Scott, I think I got your release clip back -- not the weight however. Black Scotty clip attached to some green line fell from one of the traps into the boat and I found it while cleaning up

Yep, that's my clip...
did you hit any fish ?

well, i got out. It wasn't till about noon. I launched at cattle. I was gonna go around trial towards clover, but there was a serious chop going on. So i decided to turn back, and fish the stupid flats. I tell you, i am nearing the end for patience. I have gone out about 20 or so times, without a fish to show for it, well, not quite.

A buddy of mine fished the flats yesterday and he got skunked too...
and yes it was lumpy out there in the a.m.
keep at it, your luck will change .

Back