Who made this wooden plug?

Wondermur

Crew Member
I had some decent luck with this in Hakai last year. The yellow on the side is UV. Wondering who made it and how old it is?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 54
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 52
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 54
Ok. Thanks @nootkaassassin. The eyes are stick on. Would the uv paint be a later repaint?
This plugs looks like it has been touched up with a jiffy marker on the sides. Lip looks to have been re painted also. Lyman did use fluorescent paint years ago on some paint jobs and probably didn’t even know that they where.This producer would be a good choice for a re paint. Wood plugs will absorb water if not sealed properly within 20 min. This plug has a good chance of splitting after being water logged and dried out again numerous times.

This plugs looks like it has been touched up with a jiffy marker on the sides. Lip looks to have been re painted also. Lyman did use fluorescent paint years ago on some paint jobs and probably didn’t even know that they where.This producer would be a good choice for a re paint. Wood plugs will absorb water if not sealed properly within 20 min. This plug has a good chance of splitting after being water logged and dried out again numerous times.
Ok.
I had a nice green plug that was doing well offshore at nootka and that happened. It split. I kept fishing it and lost it with a fish attached shortly after.
So what do you think about me giving it 3 coats with this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 32
Does look like a Lyman plug. Its been painted and/or marked. Give it a sand and paint, then seal it with your Varathane. Should be good to go.

Back