Who gets your vote in the upcoming Federal Election?

Who gets your vote in the upcoming Federal Election considering sport fishing?

• Liberals

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Conservatives

Votes: 81 70.4%
  • NDP

Votes: 23 20.0%
  • Greens

Votes: 6 5.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know we talk a lot about loss of access to saltwater fisheries but freshwater fisheries have also been severely impacted under Fisheries Minister Jordan and the Justin Trudeau's Liberal government.

Let's not forget Jonathan Wilkinson's handling of the steelhead issue, complete with intentional document and study result alterations / omissions.
Above and beyond what he did to the saltwater fisheries, this alone should see him removed.

Nog

If people had any idea how much money the liberal government gives me each month for my children and how much me and my wife make they would never vote for the liberals. Not to mention we got some pretty nice fat checks before this election for covid as well for children benefit. Oh and the liberals made it tax free so that was nice.

pumped tonnes of money into the economy and now inflation levels that have not been seen for decades.

I find it quite ironic the support that some of the retires are putting behind the liberals when there beat eggs are being inflated to nothing/

IF was voting for who will put the most money into my pocket the liberals would definitely be the winners.

that gonna be hard for any party to overcome.

If people had any idea how much money the liberal government gives me each month for my children and how much me and my wife make they would never vote for the liberals. Not to mention we got some pretty nice fat checks before this election for covid as well for children benefit. Oh and the liberals made it tax free so that was nice.

pumped tonnes of money into the economy and now inflation levels that have not been seen for decades.

I find it quite ironic the support that some of the retires are putting behind the liberals when there beat eggs are being inflated to nothing/

IF was voting for who will put the most money into my pocket the liberals would definitely be the winners.

that gonna be hard for any party to overcome.
But do you still want to go fishing? Fat wallets are nice but no access to fishing for Chinook salmon April 1st to September 1st in most of the southern part of Vancouver Island and Vancouver area is it worth it? Closure to all rivers to salmon fishing in region 2 unless identified as open is it worth it? Failure to transition from gillnets to fish traps and more selective Fisheries is it worth it? Continuing to fail to mark all of our Hatchery Chinook salmon and still only marking 10% is it worth it?

Liberal minority with NDP help again is my prediction with a flip of fisheries minister which is why I was against election. Don't want an ineffective government manging our resource wher they burn up time all day and get nothing done. The fishery minister may be useless, but it delays everything when they switch it up with another person.

The candidates in Nanaimo my area are useless as far as fisheries issues. Paul Manly will be re-elected (god knows why) again which pretty much screws us for a voice on Area 17. Will see what happens.

Pay attention tomorrow night to what East coast does. If that goes blue I could be wrong.

Last edited:
But do you still want to go fishing? Fat wallets are nice but no access to fishing for Chinook salmon April 1st to September 1st in most of the southern part of Vancouver Island and Vancouver area is it worth it? Closure to all rivers to salmon fishing in region 2 unless identified as open is it worth it? Failure to transition from gillnets to fish traps and more selective Fisheries is it worth it? Continuing to fail to mark all of our Hatchery Chinook salmon and still only marking 10% is it worth it?

no way JT is getting my sign off

242117941_1787107251497059_407782575422770705_n.jpg

Reminder to EVERYONE .

TOMORROW be rid of LIBERAL GOVERNMENT !

Science speaks for itself....... OUR West COASTLINE and our ways of life Fishing, be it Recreational, Commercial, Tourism etc etc have been destroyed by the TURD and company. WILKINSON didn't listen, NONE of the LIBERALS Listen.

They say FOLLOW THE SCIENCE on Covid.

How ABOUT FOLLOW THE SCIENCE ON OUR FISHERY.

FLUSH the TURD !

VOTE CONSERVATIVE !

THEIR Fishery platform is ON THE RIGHT TRACK.

Hopefully tonight's election will help heal the strong divisions in Canada. Never have I seen our country so divided...

Hopefully tonight's election will help heal the strong divisions in Canada. Never have I seen our country so divided...
I don't feel divided. Went and voted this morning. Saw nothing political, no division. Was a great experience. I have said it in other threads. The divisions are fueled by social media. Individually we all have a lot in common. We want the best for our families and our neighbors eventhough we may have slight differences in ideas to get it.

I don't feel divided. Went and voted this morning. Saw nothing political, no division. Was a great experience. I have said it in other threads. The divisions are fueled by social media. Individually we all have a lot in common. We want the best for our families and our neighbors eventhough we may have slight differences in ideas to get it.

yep blue wave was great this morning

blue wave hype!!!

The polls are pointing to another minority government. What colour will be taking the lead is TBD. $600M for an election that may not substantially change the core policies - I hope not!

Reminder to EVERYONE .

TOMORROW be rid of LIBERAL GOVERNMENT !

Science speaks for itself....... OUR West COASTLINE and our ways of life Fishing, be it Recreational, Commercial, Tourism etc etc have been destroyed by the TURD and company. WILKINSON didn't listen, NONE of the LIBERALS Listen.

They say FOLLOW THE SCIENCE on Covid.

How ABOUT FOLLOW THE SCIENCE ON OUR FISHERY.

FLUSH the TURD !

VOTE CONSERVATIVE !

THEIR Fishery platform is ON THE RIGHT TRACK.
Platform is great on paper but they are proven lying bastards. I still have bad taste in mouth from Harpers time in office.
Real tough one this year. There are no good options. I may have to vote based on my local riding. I'm still undecided and the clock is ticking...

Back