What's for dinner tonight ?

Had to pick up my Lady from work yesterday which meant driving right by Pete's Mountain Meats.
Noticed he had a sale on Clam Chowder going on. Picked up a tub of course.

When we got home I tossed a good handful of both prawns & scallops into it.

Accompanied by a very fine European Bun it was Delicious!

Just what The Doc ordered on such a snowy day!

AWLbKkd.jpg

Cheers

Highly recommend this horseradish if you enjoy not breathing for a few seconds like I do lol. Sous vide a top round roast tonight for 8 hours. Was really good and better than expected

Attachments

• IMG_5770.jpeg
    IMG_5770.jpeg
    213 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_5769.jpeg
    IMG_5769.jpeg
    234.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_5767.jpeg
    IMG_5767.jpeg
    422.9 KB · Views: 46
Kahului Costco fresh not frozen Ecuadorian jumbo farmed shrimp in just evoo and salt on the grill. $14 for too many. We sliced the back to get the "vein" but left the shells and head on. Turned out well.
Anyone know how best to approach large strips of tri-tip beef? It's a new cut for me.

Attachments

• IMG_20240120_190837210.jpg
    IMG_20240120_190837210.jpg
    449.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20240120_190824011.jpg
    IMG_20240120_190824011.jpg
    484 KB · Views: 39
Despite the rain and snow I simply HAD to BarBee night before last.
Lamb Chops with pasta & homemade sauce with Spares Gooses.

jp1evpY.jpg

Last night the BarBee was rolled out of the way to accommodate my big smoker.
So Spaghetti with home made meat balls & sauce topped with shredded marble cheese.

E6biWP4.jpg

Merlot with the first and a fine Cabernet for the second.

Cheers

Kahului Costco fresh not frozen Ecuadorian jumbo farmed shrimp in just evoo and salt on the grill. $14 for too many. We sliced the back to get the "vein" but left the shells and head on. Turned out well.
Anyone know how best to approach large strips of tri-tip beef? It's a new cut for me.

Sear and bbq the tri-tip. Tri-tip is very very tasty.

Does it hold up to its label?
It’s one of the hottest I’ve had. Wife didn’t like it and went back to the regular stuff. I like wasabi with sushi where you can’t breathe for a few seconds so it worked good for me lol. Watch this video. I do not recommend that big of a scoop lol. But I wasn’t putting a tiny spec on my roast like the label says. And I smelt the jar which it also says not to do. So I guess it doesn’t live up to the label but it’s still good and would make a damn good shrimp cocktail or Caesar

The best part about horseradish is that it goes away pretty quickly. Not a lingering spice like peppers where you just can’t recover if you overdo it lol.

It’s one of the hottest I’ve had. Wife didn’t like it and went back to the regular stuff. I like wasabi with sushi where you can’t breathe for a few seconds so it worked good for me lol. Watch this video. I do not recommend that big of a scoop lol. But I wasn’t putting a tiny spec on my roast like the label says. And I smelt the jar which it also says not to do. So I guess it doesn’t live up to the label but it’s still good and would make a damn good shrimp cocktail or Caesar

The best part about horseradish is that it goes away pretty quickly. Not a lingering spice like peppers where you just can’t recover if you overdo it lol.
Is so difficult getting proper horseradish in Canada. Have no idea why. This is a bonus find.

Back