What's for dinner tonight ?

415074132_757204053111861_4353504611155242118_n.jpg

Did a little west coast surf and turf today pulled out some left over vac sealed prawns, last of the gardon brusses sprouts along with this years blacktail backstraps and a fresh teal breast from yesterdays outing. Dried them off and seasoned with salt and left on the counter to get to room temp while I put together a Hank Shaw chimmichuri https://honest-food.net/chimichurri-recipe-venison/. Then got to work making the prawn rissoto, while this started I tossed the venison in the oven on low to start the reverse sear of the backstraps. Oiled and seasoned the sprouts chucked them in the air fryer and finshed off the venison in the cast iron pan with some butter, garlic and rosemary. While I let it rest I gave the Teal a quick sear and served it up as a 2 bite appetizer before the main course. The meal was served with a nice Malbec which was rather enjoyable. All in all a good tasty meal.

IMG_0172.jpgIMG_0173.jpgIMG_0179-EDIT.jpgIMG_0174.jpgIMG_0175.jpgIMG_0177 1.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0173.jpg
    IMG_0173.jpg
    319.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0179-EDIT.jpg
    IMG_0179-EDIT.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 15
A good Buddy dropped off a beautiful whitetail roast the other day.
Decided last night was the night for it.
So, thawed, well seasoned and brought up to room temperature:

oEIlCbL.jpg

Then a few spins on the rotisserie:

fRfpmBS.jpg

While that was going on, a mix of baby taters, shaved garlic, onions, mushrooms and mushroom sauce hit the oven:

DEaXyop.jpg

Combined with corn on the cob, it was literally a melt in your mouth dinner!
Merlot was the choice to pair with this one.

TV2izce.jpg

avnSc9e.jpg

Cheers

Nog did you get your Dec whitetail this year?

Unfortunately not.

The day before I was supposed to head out, my hunting partner called sounding like death warmed over.
He, his Lady & his Son all got the latest greatest version of Covid.
She was actually hospitalized for a short spell.
Given my pre-existing medical condition I could not risk heading over there even after they had recovered.

What made it worse is I passed up numerous opportunities on Island Blacktails - saving the tags for whitetails once again.

First time in 53 years I did not take at least one big game animal.
Stings.

Thankfully I have a few good buddies who are helping with our venison addiction...

Not so cheery...
Nog

Looks pretty good! I love making salmon and avocado rolls. Did you do the whole vinegar in the rice ordeal? It’s worth it
I did and for sure it’s a key element of sushi. Small town though so wasn’t able to gather all the stuff I’d have liked but now I have a list. Nori is at the top of it lol.

Back