What's for dinner tonight ?

I’ve tried several beef jerky recipes.
Not overly happy with any recipes I’ve tried so far.

Your beef jerky,the sweet with heat sounds good.
I usually use my smoker to make jerky. This was the first time I used the dehydrator to make it and I'm very happy with how it turned out. The Korean marinade I've used lot's for different meats but the other one I experimented with and it turned out really nice. It had garlic, ginger, tropical fruit hot sauce which is a sweet heat, African Pappadew sweet/heat peppers, soy, brown sugar, dash of werchestershire sauce, maple syrup, sambal oelik chili sauce, Chinese 5 spice, toasted sesame seeds and a couple drops of liquid smoke. For the spicy ingredients I didn't go overboard with them so there's a good balance and my wife and I love the Chinese 5 spice flavor so I just added a 1/2 tsp of that for some back ground flavor.

You ever try giving your Korean one a touch with the torch when it's done?
Not with a torch but when I do it in the smoker I will char it a bit on the barbecue grill to give it that flavor. Learned that from the jerky guys in Vancouver that were on Dragons Den lol.

I usually use my smoker to make jerky. This was the first time I used the dehydrator to make it and I'm very happy with how it turned out. The Korean marinade I've used lot's for different meats but the other one I experimented with and it turned out really nice. It had garlic, ginger, tropical fruit hot sauce which is a sweet heat, African Pappadew sweet/heat peppers, soy, brown sugar, dash of werchestershire sauce, maple syrup, sambal oelik chili sauce, Chinese 5 spice, toasted sesame seeds and a couple drops of liquid smoke. For the spicy ingredients I didn't go overboard with them so there's a good balance and my wife and I love the Chinese 5 spice flavor so I just added a 1/2 tsp of that for some back ground flavor.

Sounds tasty.

I’ve tried smoking the beef jerky then finishing in the dehydrator and then the opposite of dehydrating it with finishing in the smoker. Just haven’t found a good recipe yet.
I agree the dehydrator seems to give a better product.

Quick to make pasta salad and loaded with flavor. Cold cooked shell pasta, marinated grilled veggies in olive oil (so good), Pappadew African sweet peppers (my favorite marinated sweet with touch of heat pepper), grated Parmasan Regiano cheese, roasted garlic cloves (squashed in mortar & pestle), baby spinach leaves, and the dressing is made of mayo, sour cream, lemon juice, and my home made chipotle mayo. Seasoned with cracked sea salt, black pepper and sweet paprika.

93665957_854901571678083_1155101071660548096_o.jpg

93583385_854901621678078_1156738923079139328_o.jpg

Not with a torch but when I do it in the smoker I will char it a bit on the barbecue grill to give it that flavor. Learned that from the jerky guys in Vancouver that were on Dragons Den lol.
Haha that's why I asked. Their stuff is fantastic. A little sweet though.

Went fishing on Thursday....panko crusted halibut with jerk seasoning and spinach salad
92913266_10157820928906084_6128153264572596224_n.jpg

92699357_10157820929456084_7963682455632740352_n.jpg

What is your trick with the crust on this fish?

That Looks absolutely incredible. I for some reason am terrible at battering and frying fish.

What is your trick with the crust on this fish?
Hello bud just the simple flour then egg wash then panko and then deep fry but I like to add seasoning to the panko this one had a jerk seasoning that I actually got from Jamaica at a farmers market there, you can use anything also use Italian with more garlic powder and cayenne pepper etc , if you know what you like use it ,, it only enhances the flavors..

Good luck Wolf

Everyone has their own favorite when it comes to ribs.

Last night was Free Range Pig night, so here's mine:

zWDeWfP.jpg

Take the rack of ribs, and cut into serving size portions.
Slice an orange into 1/4" slabs.
Place the orange slices on a sheet of tinfoil.
Put the ribs on top of the slices, fat side down.
Liberally apply your favorite spice.
Flip ribs and repeat.

YaOIKz2.jpg

Wrap foil tightly, and toss in oven pre-heated to 400 for around an hour.
Remove from oven and take to BarBee still wrapped.

Previously set up your BarBee for smoking, and have decent smoke coming along before you put the ribs in there.
Remove foil and put into BarBee:

sQEJP78.jpg

Place ribs initially fat side down, and smoke on medium heat for around 10 minutes.

EPxg6HS.jpg

Flip & Repeat:

kNXQ1I1.jpg

Remove to serving plates:

DuH2nj2.jpg

Bon Apatite!

44gyZqJ.jpg

This method when done correctly will produce the most tender, flavorful and most juicy ribs you will ever eat!

Cheers!
Nog

zWDeWfP.jpg

Flip ribs and repeat.

YaOIKz2.jpg

Previously set up your BarBee for smoking, and have decent smoke coming along before you put the ribs in there.

sQEJP78.jpg

Place ribs initially fat side down, and smoke on medium heat for around 10 minutes.

EPxg6HS.jpg

Flip & Repeat:

kNXQ1I1.jpg

DuH2nj2.jpg

Bon Apatite!

44gyZqJ.jpg

This method when done correctly will produce the most tender, flavorful and most juicy ribs you will ever eat!

Cheers!
Nog

Thanks for sharing! Honestly this looks great & I will be trying.

zWDeWfP.jpg

Flip ribs and repeat.

YaOIKz2.jpg

sQEJP78.jpg

EPxg6HS.jpg

Flip & Repeat:

kNXQ1I1.jpg

DuH2nj2.jpg

Bon Apatite!

44gyZqJ.jpg

Cheers!
Nog
Damn Nog that looks good!

So IronNoggin, I noticed in one of your photo's that you had a smaller bottle of the Club House Greek Spice. Where did you get it?
I use to get it in the giant size plastic container at Costco but they stopped stocking it some time back and I have not noticed it elsewhere, not that I have looked a lot. I use in in a number of dishes including lamb chops in the frying pan and to finish them off, add a tiny bit of water, the Greek spice, a bunch of fresh Rosemary and some Balsamic Reduction (also from Costco) - then a put a lid on it for a very short time, but don't over cook them. Adds a very tasty sauce to the lamb chops.

Back