What's for dinner tonight ?

Yummy, smoked a whole chicken yesterday and it was great, BUT, the best part was using the chicken in an authentic New York style Chicken Salad on Rye bread. Chopped almonds, celery, onion, mayo, lemon juice and big chunks of chicken. Kids are now fans of Seinfeld.

A follow up to my smoked chicken wings. Grabbed two packs of drumsticks this time...

etezumu9.jpg
dajahasa.jpg

So marinade some bear roasts (butt) for 4 days in a brine that found from Len poli ,then air dried for 3 hours then put in smoker to get some heat for 3 hours . Smoked it for 2 hours then brought inside to get up to 170 Degree in the oven another 2 hours but finished product far exceeded what i thought for sure!!!! The hams turned out beautifully awesome flavor couldnt tell at all it was bear .. definitely will be shooting another one soon.the wife was a bit hesitant at first till she had some loved it !!!!!!
Used to get the hams done way back when by a butcher who did AWESOME meats up at shawnigan name the dutch deli was always scared to try myself but no longer....

Attachments

• bear hams.jpg
    bear hams.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 485
  • marinaded bear.jpg
    marinaded bear.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 484
  • smoker bear.jpg
    smoker bear.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 484
Last edited by a moderator:
that looks good...:) Hope it turned out better then my steak last night in Victoria did ...:)
I NEVER order steaks or Halibut from restaurants as its usually ****** I go for something they cant screw up chix or some noodle dish really hard to screw those up....

Apparently you didnt come to my house??? the wife did up a moose steak last night that was killer!!! nice and tasty all 4 oz I ate lol

asadu3uj.jpg

Alder smoked ribs and chicken, with mushroom and asparagus fried rice, cold slaw, and bean salad. Can be prepared ahead of time so nice, leisurely dinner to celebrate our daughters 14th birthday ensued.

hey jeffy

did u ever try that crab taco recipe? if it was good could you share the recipe please......... I am getting tired of crab cakes lol

thanx

Thrasher Rock Smoked Chinook Salad

IMG_7584salmonsalad.jpg

Had nothing much available for dinner but poked around in the fridge and found some veggies, lettuce, feta, dill and some lox ( from a Gabriola marble Chinook a few weeks ago ). cooked the lox lightly and this is what I came up with from nothing basically . Was amazingly good and quite healthy I think.

this was my attempt at chef Patrick's recipe..(Ling Cod burgers) but um..i cheated n used my own fish coating (fish crisp)and for the fancy sauce well I cheated there too..IMG_5446_zps839f17ebmybigling.jpg001.jpg002.jpg my girlfriend said they were even better then my halibut burgers..

Last edited by a moderator:
this was my attempt at chef Patrick's recipe..(Ling Cod burgers) but um..i cheated n used my own fish coating (fish crisp)and for the fancy sauce well I cheated there too..View attachment 12356View attachment 12354View attachment 12355 my girlfriend said they were even better then my halibut burgers..

Who's rig is that?

How was the jigging with those Accurate reels? Still haven't had a chance to try them.

Nice looking cod burger by the way.... where's mine ?!

You can ask Sculpin, i caught that brute on his rig out west in may, he may have some input on the reel your askin bout,but this isnt the hijack thread... Look at that damn fine Cod burger!..lol i need to get back on some whitefish also..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back