What's for dinner tonight ?

Really Like the look of those Prawnton's FA - Please post the recipe so we can try them out...

Cheers,
Nog
You can do this with dungeness crab, chicken thighs, pork butt roast etc as the meat instead or combined as well if you don't have prawns. Don't use lean meat or they will be dry in the centre of the wonton.

Mince 1lb shelled prawns
add 2tbsp chopped green onion
2 teaspoons sesame oil
2 teaspoons chopped ginger
3 cloves garlic

Mix it all up.

Spoon as much as you like into individual won ton wrappers and dab sides with water then seal.

You can deep fry as is or add to your favorite broth.

A good Asian broth can be easily created from chicken or veggie stock, mirin, sugar and more diced scallions.

If adding to broth, we boil the wontons in water for about 2-5 mins the shorter time for prawn and crab meat and longer for chicken or pork. Put into bowls and add broth on top.

We cook our veg. in the broth.

They are awesome deep fried with a side of hoisin sauce to dip them into.

Last edited by a moderator:
That homemade ham looks incredible Nog :p!!!

Nothing beats a real ham:). I can't stand those little store bought pressed ones :(.

Jewish rabbi blessed the roaster...the guest prayed for another piece...no April fool here...:D

Nothing beats a real ham:). I can't stand those little store bought pressed ones :(.

You got That Right Buddy! NO store-bought could EVER even come close!
Helps to start off with Free-Range Berkshire stock too!

Every now and then you have to mix it up a little - as in Breakie for Din-Din ;)
Ham was excellent as "left-overs" once again, coupled with Fresh Free-Range Eggs (from the same Farm) and home-made Tater Patties!

Ham_Leftovers.jpg

Cheers,
Nog

Fresh caught pan seared halibut in a wine reduction Brown rice and garden squash , Thanks to Some SFBC members who went out with me today they gave me some of the halibut GREAT guys .....

wolf

Now your really starting to **** me off FA.;) Man your eating like a king. That latest batch of suchi is a masterpiece. Very well done.;) eman

Got to ask owen what is the wrap?? as its not grren like the seaweed I use?? is it something different??
still oooks awesome !!!
last night was the first time i went to a restaurant in over 3 months... and we went to shizen sushi as its our favorite place for sushi had half a tuna tataki, half of a highlander roll, and a few pieces of the GFs islander roll and that was it done......the 6 you have on that plate I may be able to get all down but dont think so.....but looks DAMN good....

I'm starting to think this thread needs to be tweaked again, Owen are you putting these dishes together or us it the missus? If so, you need to give her some props. Lol

Wolf, the sheets were just what QF had... They were a brownish tinge. Not what I have used in the past but they did the job.

BGM besides peeling the prawns that I cooked and slicing the carrot it was all me.....

The only thing that stuck with me from 1993 when I went to Japan to cook for a hotel...

Back