What Padlocks for Scotty Downrigger Locks?

Stizzla

Crew Member
If anyone has a link for the right size locks I’d really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Yeah I have the Scotty plates you linked. Just looking for the padlocks.
Thanks man!

The below size fits … don’t worry about buying them keyed alike like I did the first go around. You end up cutting them off after a few weeks in the salt water.

Attachments

• DBA9353B-BE9C-44E1-8EB7-E8B31AD69866.png
    DBA9353B-BE9C-44E1-8EB7-E8B31AD69866.png
    360.1 KB · Views: 14
The below size fits … don’t worry about buying them keyed alike like I did the first go around. You end up cutting them off after a few weeks in the salt water.
Thanks. I Amazon searched the item number shown and got a 6 pack for $27.

IMHO, all of those locks can be opened with little effort. Either with a prybar or a hammer and punch. BigBird007 is right, you won't be able to use the key after a few weeks anyhow. You are better off using a screw pin shackle, loc- tightening the threads and using a cut off wheel to remove the pin head so it's flush. Now for sure the only way it is coming off is to cut it.1649714397955.jpeg

You can als use it to attach a safety strap to your rod or ?

IMHO, all of those locks can be opened with little effort. Either with a prybar or a hammer and punch. BigBird007 is right, you won't be able to use the key after a few weeks anyhow. You are better off using a screw pin shackle, loc- tightening the threads and using a cut off wheel to remove the pin head so it's flush. Now for sure the only way it is coming off is to cut it.View attachment 77975

You can als use it to attach a safety strap to your rod or ?
I put locks on my downriggers at the beginning of May, then take them off in October with no problems unlocking them. I spray them with Wd 40 when I put them on. I do run covers on the riggers when not in use so the locks are covered most of the time.

Back