Trigger Finger is real

I use a topical roll on called "delush" The Magic Stick and it works wonders. 300mg CBD/54 gm. It's a bit like Deep Blue but better. You can
That's interesting that you found relief from DC by taking Vitamin B complex.

I've read a lot on Dupuytren's Contracture as I showed the first signs of it when I turned 40, it slowly progressed until I had trouble putting a glove on my right hand by the time I turned 60, as an avid motorcyclist I needed it fixed.
After much research I found a surgeon in Germany who was available at short notice to do Needle Aponeurotomy on my hand, it's a procedure where they use a sharp needle to cut the cords which form in the palm of the hand and then straighten the finger(s), all done under a local anesthetic and in about 15 minutes. I was able to use my hand the same day and had virtually no discomfort at all.

They gave me a glove with finger splints to wear at night for 6 months to help keep the fingers straight, that was 3.5 years ago and the cords have started to form again, not bad but I can feel them starting, so maybe I'll try the Vitamin B program and see if anything changes.

David
Hi all , I too have DC . Right hand was operated on last summer . Still straight but cords are starting to form again . I’m going to try the B complex for sure ! Left hand was done 6 years ago and now needs redoing, ring and pinky are locked at 90. Wondering how bent yours were Dave before heading to Germany and how much was the surgery? Sounds alot less invasive. Scar tissue build up is going to be a problem with multiple surgeries says the plastic surgeon here. At this stage I’m ready to chop them off some days!
Cheers , and thanks to all for sharing!
For those with arthritis in hands, I just bought some ice/hot mitts off Amazon ., the Dukuseek ones . They are awesome! I use 1 hot , the other cold , and go back and forth. They fit size 11 hands just fine too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    385.2 KB · Views: 6
Hi all , I too have DC . Right hand was operated on last summer . Still straight but cords are starting to form again . I’m going to try the B complex for sure ! Left hand was done 6 years ago and now needs redoing, ring and pinky are locked at 90. Wondering how bent yours were Dave before heading to Germany and how much was the surgery? Sounds alot less invasive. Scar tissue build up is going to be a problem with multiple surgeries says the plastic surgeon here. At this stage I’m ready to chop them off some days!
Cheers , and thanks to all for sharing!
For those with arthritis in hands, I just bought some ice/hot mitts off Amazon ., the Dukuseek ones . They are awesome! I use 1 hot , the other cold , and go back and forth. They fit size 11 hands just fine too.
Lemmy, my RH ring finger was about 35 degrees, middle finger 45 degrees, I sent photos to the surgeon in Germany and he assessed me from the photos and agreed to do the operation, cost was $575 euro's all in including the glove, consultation was no charge and I used points to get to Frankfurt and then took a train to Dossenheim, total all in including hotels was $1,500 CAD my wife came along as well.

It was a very good experience, communicating directly with the surgeon via email, always got a response within 24 hours and he was able to book me in as soon as I could get there, so about 3-4 weeks from my first contact to getting the surgery done.

To see the surgeon at False Creek Clinic for a consultation who also perform the NA was $750 and IIRC $4,500 per finger for the surgery.
Getting my hand fixed in BC under the medical plan was going to take 18 months to see someone and they would decide the treatment which was usually open hand surgery, the option to go to Germany was an easy choice.

I'm glad I made the trip when I did because we got home on March 8th of 2020 and we all remember what happened a few days after that.

Cheers,

Last edited:
A before and after picture.

IMG_1957.JPG

IMG_2068.JPG

I believe the stats are 1 in 6 males will get it
The muscles are stronger on one side than the straightening side something to consider strengthen the opening muscles with rubber band resistance and major stretching efforts can help mitigate but surgery is usually the only way to deal with extreme cases
Consistently stretching and strengthening the opening muscles must be done early to avoid the worst case before it happens

Thanks so much for the response Kiwi. Apparently it’s a Northern European thing …. I’m of Dutch heritage. My dad had it as well . I read somewhere there’s 7 million people with it in England! Almost always men, but my Norwegian female neighbour got a mild case . Mine looks a little different than yours. I’ll pm you for the doctors info . I see a trip to Frankfurt in my future ….

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 8
Back