Trigger Finger is real

Aquaholic

Crew Member
Has anyone had trigger finger? It just started recently, more noticeable when Advil (hip surgery wait list) wears off. It fully locks and is sometimes tender, warm water helps like if I hand wash some pots or dishes. As per Dr Google, it is the ring finger (or thumb is the other one that locks apparently). I have a skilled trade background and worked with my hands for years, still do to some degree, starting long before battery tools were the rage, never any carpal tunnel issues, but now trigger finger.

My right-hand travel finger🖕has had trigger finger for 2 years. I am hoping to see a plastic surgeon to have it corrected. No carpal tunnel issues or other wrist/arm issues. A quartazone shot will fix it for a few months.

Steroid injections are often helpful. The surgery is highly effective. 6 mm hole. fast recovery. At least in my practice! :)

Talk to a good massage therapist. One that does deep tissue work.
As a tradesman most of my hand issues were muscles in the forearm that were seized up.

I have a buddy who recently developed it as well and he is a labourer. His finger locks up regularly during the day curled and he has to use his other hand to straighten it out.

@Aquaholic does it stay straight most of the time and then occasionally lock? I do have another buddy whose 4th and 5th finger won't straighten at all; can't recall the name of the condition.

I have a buddy who recently developed it as well and he is a labourer. His finger locks up regularly during the day curled and he has to use his other hand to straighten it out.

@Aquaholic does it stay straight most of the time and then occasionally lock? I do have another buddy whose 4th and 5th finger won't straighten at all; can't recall the name of the condition.
Dupatrens contracture

I have it and my wife has it. She had a hydrocortisone injection on Thursday. Her second and the Doc said you can only have two. They help a lot. The injection is uncomfortable. It helps for 3-5 months. She now has surgery planned for November. Hers is worse than mine. She was not a trades person nor was I. Don’t think it’s got anything to do with repetition. We’re getting old. Everything hurts. The surgery is apparently 10 minutes and done in a hospital setting.

Dupatrens contracture
The name of the affliction of fingers not straightening at all, correct. Plus a nodule or lump.
I know people who have DC, it is not the same as trigger finger though, symptoms and appearance are different.

Just started recently, but yes it will snag and needs a manual straightening, certain times of the day are more affected. Now that I think of it, my thumb has been doing it mildly for a few years but not enough to worry...yet.

I get it, it is actually my trigger finger.

Acupuncture has been working for me so far. Along with some massage, finger exercise and the good old tube of Voltaren. But I have been told I will need surgery at some time!

Cheers

SS

no, thank you.
All I’m saying is that it’s worth a try before committing to surgery. Mixed reviews of it online but it’s definitely benefited some people. I know people that have got benefits and as for myself, nada. But i still think it might be worth a try before going into tissue

All I’m saying is that it’s worth a try before committing to surgery. Mixed reviews of it online but it’s definitely benefited some people. I know people that have got benefits and as for myself, nada. But i still think it might be worth a try before going into tissue
It’s been stigmatized for so long some folks are unable or unwilling to even consider it. Just sayin….

I had it on 2 fingers a few years back. Got finger splints first to keep them straight to slow down the symptoms. Eventually got my first steroid shot which solved the problem. I occasionally get a mild trigger finger now, but not enough for me to get the second steroid shot yet. Trying to delay the surgical route as long as possible.

Some won't take advil or aspirin either though.
Yes for sure. I avoid those by choice as do many others. I do see non stop advertising for those products and other big pharma items. No such advertising for anything cannabis though. 🤔
Anyway I wish you the best whatever treatment plan you choose 👍

Last edited:
Yes for sure. I avoid those by choice as do many others. I do see non stop advertising for those products and other big pharma items. No such advertising for anything cannabis though. 🤔
Anyway I wish you the best whatever treatment plan you choose 👍
Are you aware of someone who has used CBD for trigger finger? I know it works for many other ailments.

Some won't take advil or aspirin either though.
Over the counter medications like this, that so many people think are harmless have lead to more issues (liver, kidney, stomach bleeds) and death than anyone would care to acknowledge yet it's still prescribed like it's candy.

Back