What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

Install complete and the snow is starting to melt off... might hit up the coast next weekend if the weather looks decent.

Attachments

• thumbnail_Resized_20220114_143225_8182.jpg
    thumbnail_Resized_20220114_143225_8182.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 36
Did you have that chrome timing chain cover on before, issues with leaks?
When I originally got the boat (10 years ago) even after I pulled the engine resealed it and re installed it was leaking oil,as it turned out the original timing cover was only an 8 bolt and was the cause of my constant leak,my buddy had this one handy so we trimmed the lip a little to install it without removing the oil pan and it solved my problem,its a 10 bolt,I thought about replacing it but if ain't broke why fix it...

Ordered Tbolts from Amazon to install hardware on window frames of 16 foot Hourston. Prepping equipment and supplies to make a sunbrella boat top. Started thread to request dimensions of original pole frame.
Apparently the TBolts might work to install Scotty gear on Kayak rails.

I thought so by the looks of it.

Sweet, hopefully you get a few good years out of it.
Like I said the last time was ten years with general maintenance and unforseen things, I'm sure if the oilpan didn't fail she would still be running today as I'm diligent with my maintenance schedule, just one of those things saltwater sneaks around and does.

This is why I trust no one to work on pretty well anything of mine. Ya gotta take the time to plan, check, visualize and before any cuts, holes or installs are attempted. I usually try and find multipul options and only then dive into it.

Back