What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

Anyone that you recommend? Something spray on easy to apply would be awesome
You can buy sharkhide in a aerosol can but it's coverage is minimal per can. Intended for areas you can't wipe essentially.
I did went the sharkhide way last year. For a boat that sits in the chuck for 100 days it didn't cut it. It still looks decent in most places but another year and it'll look like sh**. Even with daily end of charter rinses. Would work good for a trailer boat used occasionally I'd think.
Application with a cloth was a little temperamental.
I don't have any personal experience with nylac but I am curious how it would do in comparison.
I'm polishing mine out and wrapping the hull. Hoping that will be less maintenance.

You can buy sharkhide in a aerosol can but it's coverage is minimal per can. Intended for areas you can't wipe essentially.
I did went the sharkhide way last year. For a boat that sits in the chuck for 100 days it didn't cut it. It still looks decent in most places but another year and it'll look like sh**. Even with daily end of charter rinses. Would work good for a trailer boat used occasionally I'd think.
Application with a cloth was a little temperamental.
I don't have any personal experience with nylac but I am curious how it would do in comparison.
I'm polishing mine out and wrapping the hull. Hoping that will be less maintenance.
Maybe I’ll try the nylac then I was kinda thinking it would only last a year or two anyways

Finally pulled the sleeper seats out of my DE and got replacement boxes built.
$180 for a sheet of 3/4”marine ply but only plan to do this once. Still need to paint, mount the seats and finish the install. Will post final pictures later.
HUGE thanks to my buddy Jon who has the tools and know how! Would not have come out this great without him.

Attachments

• 50853479-0D69-4695-8B62-98DA1CD487A2.jpeg
    50853479-0D69-4695-8B62-98DA1CD487A2.jpeg
    412.5 KB · Views: 85
  • 6F52F203-14FD-49C8-AA5E-573F3BE13989.jpeg
    6F52F203-14FD-49C8-AA5E-573F3BE13989.jpeg
    322.1 KB · Views: 84
  • 0FED68A0-3B40-467E-A25D-743E37209DFF.jpeg
    0FED68A0-3B40-467E-A25D-743E37209DFF.jpeg
    164.9 KB · Views: 85
Well new manifolds and risers were put on and I cleaned out the heat exchanger. Fill all with new fluid and fired it up, ran perfect. Happy,happy happy. Just a few more projects to go, kicker hydraulic steering, Reglue my headliner, new scotty receptacle so I don't have to unplug my downrigger to plug my hauler in. Finish the trailer rebuild and good to go. Been nice having the boat home for the winter instead of on the island and it's back in tip top shape. Maybe time to sell and upgrade

This week I managed to get the boat to Inlet after two months of trying to get the cooling system cleaned and re-installed. Ended up having starter issues and then a full blown engine fire when the wiring harness lit up. After pulling it, the guys found yet another catastrophic drive failure. This is the 4th or 5th time that I've pulled the boat for cleaning or maintenance and found something bigger. So once again waiting for parts and yet another $5k-$10k bill. After the $6500 I just paid last week.
DO NOT BUY AN OLD DIESEL IO!!!

This week I managed to get the boat to Inlet after two months of trying to get the cooling system cleaned and re-installed. Ended up having starter issues and then a full blown engine fire when the wiring harness lit up. After pulling it, the guys found yet another catastrophic drive failure. This is the 4th or 5th time that I've pulled the boat for cleaning or maintenance and found something bigger. So once again waiting for parts and yet another $5k-$10k bill. After the $6500 I just paid last week.
:( You have had a run of bad luck, really sucks

Damn dude . You can always come out on the 17ft with me and show me how to catch fish :p

For me it's been what have I done to my boats in the past few months, picked up my double eagle, spent days washing and cleaning inside and out, serviced both engines, replaced plugs and set timing, replaced one exhaust manifold, removed a whole bag of unessisary wiring along with 12x 20 foot rolls of unused wires that ran front to rear some were live off of the ignition switch, repaired the top frame, went through the outdrives, swapped both lowers over to newer alpha 1s with a counter rotate drive on the port, installed my radar, ducer, 2 way and mfd. Had a kicker bracket built and installed my pro kicker, repaired trim limit switches, repaired electric choke wiring on 1 engine, and the list goes on... now one lower leg is off getting welded because I must have hit something in the water on my first test run.

On the second boat I haven't been running a reverse bucket for over a year so I finally had the stripped bolt holes welded and I drilled and tapped for the pivot bolts and reinstalled the bucket, changed the gear drive oil on the jet pump...

I need to go back to work soon!

Attachments

• 20220207_142538.jpg
    20220207_142538.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 77
Did I tell you I won a bunch of free lures?

Finally got out to mission where my new boats stored fur a reasonable price.
Plugged new trailer wire harness into trailer wires...nothing!
Increased tire pressure to 40 psi for now. Tried to figure where I should put scotty rod holder.

Back