What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

Wicked! Thats my next project. What heater did you go with?

Me too! My heater runs off engine coolant and the stupid hoses run from the engine to the cuddy, under the floor. I feel these should be changed but the only way to do so is glue the old to the new and cross my fingers they snake through. So I'm curious about the diesel option and know zero about these things. Since it would be located ideally in the same spot as the current heater does it need to vent exhaust?

Ya time for some Google I know...

This helped: https://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/index.php?threads/diesel-boat-heater.72015/

Last edited:
Me too! My heater runs off engine coolant and the stupid hoses run from the engine to the cuddy, under the floor. I feel these should be changed but the only way to do so is glue the old to the new and cross my fingers they snake through. So I'm curious about the diesel option and know zero about these things. Since it would be located ideally in the same spot as the current heater does it need to vent exhaust?

Ya time for some Google I know...

This helped: https://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/index.php?threads/diesel-boat-heater.72015/
The heat from a diesel heater is honestly 10x better than the engine coolant in my experience. If your Hourstons heater is similar to my old one, it barely took the edge off. Diesel heat is T shirt in January even with canvas . Worth the money .

The heat from a diesel heater is honestly 10x better than the engine coolant in my experience. If your Hourstons heater is similar to my old one, it barely took the edge off. Diesel heat is T shirt in January even with canvas . Worth the money .

Nice. Mine works decent enough but I'm finding those hoses are a concerned for sure. Plus I'm going to have to solve this should the IO get dumped so I'm gonna figure it out.

Installed a diesel forced air heater with ducting and vents on that blow on the windshield and in the cuddy, no more foggy windows for me
Just did the same. Great addition to any boat!

I just finished using an eraser wheel on a drill to take off the pinstripes and double eagle badges.

I’m getting some of the bigger modern ones printed up in navy blue and should get them on this week along with the new power.

I’ll have a few extra sets of the decals up for sale next week so check em out if you want to modernize your DE.

C83EBAEC-E9FB-44F5-A406-06AB5212B491.jpeg7D384147-2A76-4596-BF48-54AF1C04DA6D.jpeg

Today after work I went through my trim tab system to make sure all is well. This is my first boat with trim tabs so I’m unsure as to how far they should move? I get about 1.5” up or down from flat with bottom of the hull. Googled it and it’s as clear as mud. Anything from that to nearly vertical. And how fast should they move? Not very? If so then I’m golden lol.

I just finished using an eraser wheel on a drill to take off the pinstripes and double eagle badges.

I’m getting some of the bigger modern ones printed up in navy blue and should get them on this week along with the new power.

I’ll have a few extra sets of the decals up for sale next week so check em out if you want to modernize your DE.

View attachment 62116View attachment 62117
I really like the look of these boats!! Clearly you look after it!!

Thank you! At this point I’ve only owned it for 6 months but I’ll take all the credit!

I’ll have it fully dialed in within the next year. Maybe sooner if I know me.
-full wrap
-fresh upholstery/custom seating
-perhaps an electronics upgrade

Thank you! At this point I’ve only owned it for 6 months but I’ll take all the credit!

-full wrap

-full wrap
What's the wrap going to be?

View attachment 62116View attachment 62117
Thats a great looking Double eagle, nice to see I'm not the only OCD boat owner!

-full wrap
Excellent. Great all around fishing boat.

Here's what I did/am doing;

- Pulled out the floor and float foam.
- Had some cracks welded where the frame contacts the plate - had to take it off the trailer (hit a deadhead last year).
- Pulled up the old carpet, and removed old carpet glue from interior.
- Fixed the kicker that wouldn't idle (4-stroke 9.9...cleared the pilot jet).
- Fixed trailer wiring - corroded plugs, just used come CLR and blew it out with compressor.

Left to do;

- Install new interior carpet (halfway done).
- Replace float foam in floor (have the 2-part chemicals ready to mix/pour).
- Yearly main engine tune up.
- Drain/fill gear lube.
- Prop pull/inspect/re-grease.
- Install floor.
- Grease my nipples (slowly and deliberately, lol).
- Trickle charge batteries.

Not work done myself but Fresh coat of bottom paint and a diesel heater. Got venting fabbed up to sit accross the dash and defrost the windows (powder coated white to match). Looking forward to seeing it! Impellers and a wax this weekend and then back in the water for the season

Attachments

• 5D85F498-4A4D-426D-B65D-09D705A4AF7F.png
    5D85F498-4A4D-426D-B65D-09D705A4AF7F.png
    368.8 KB · Views: 84
  • 23752C66-AE44-4219-9052-698348722790.png
    23752C66-AE44-4219-9052-698348722790.png
    299.6 KB · Views: 84
As much as my 70 y/o back let's me do, but my re-wiring seems to be never ending.

FYI I have a forced air Diesel heater on a 33 ft boat; lot's of ducting that looses lot's of heat. Hydronic Diesel would probably be better.

It happened!
Brand new 115
0 hours

They ordered the wrong prop and I got there to see a 4 blade 19 pitch, so I had them pop a black stainless 3 blade 19 on until my shiny one arrives.
I went to go for a break in run but it was pretty sloppy and you need to be able to control the RPM’s so it isn’t happening today. Guages match up nicely and they gave the boat a full scrub. Also rewired the whole thing apparently and changed the fuse box from glass to blades. Nice work S&G!!
2B167508-A1EF-4913-870F-99C966954695.jpegE16AB44A-D737-4F11-BE6E-C2FB94A87C05.jpeg
C9447C59-927E-470F-B855-3D12B09BDB38.jpeg

Last edited:
It happened!
Brand new 115
0 hours

They ordered the wrong prop and I got there to see a 4 blade 19 pitch, so I had them pop a black stainless 3 blade 19 on until my shiny one arrives.
I went to go for a break in run but it was pretty sloppy and you need to be able to control the RPM’s so it isn’t happening today. Guages match up nicely and the gave the boat a full scrub. Nice work S&G!!
View attachment 62392View attachment 62393
I'm guessing the house sold then?!

Back