Departed Comox 1:30 in the aft on Friday
Arrived in Hardy and in the water by 6:00
Fishing Duval by 6:30,Fish on by 6:35 small Coho
Fished the evening till 9:00 lots of Coho and Pinks no Springs

Sat on the water by 5:30 and rod in the water at Castles by 6:15
Fish on by 6:20 Coho and Pinks all morning,no Chinook
head over to Ghost Island try for some hali's,nothin happenin
Troll over by the light and hook two beauty Coho's
Head back in to the Public dock for some bbq moose burgers and homemade spud salad.
Run out to Gordon group in the aft.fish till 8:eek:o,Pinks and Cohos no springs
Water has been calm all day
Back in call it a day

Sun. am head north to top of gordon group
Rod in water 6:30 6:31 fish on, Coho
Coho,Pinks for a couple of hours

Run into Duval,boat calves,wont start,making nasty noises
Get towed in by a 17 ft aluminum
Yes that was me, Captain Hindgrinder standing on the bow of my 24 ft Bayliner getting towed into shore.A proud moment
Kudos to the gent who towed me in,no questions asked,very polite and helpful,wouldnt take a dime for fuel etc

Purple Haze anchovy was most productive but we were getting hits on everything.
tried plugs for springs,different depths etc.
Didnt see any at the docks

No kidding Billyputz!!!!,the vessel went down again and I had my kicker in for repairs and they didnt have a loaner.
No Cryin this time,I just said screw this and sat on the bow and got towed into the harbour.
Lucky it happened when it did cause earlier in the morning I was a long way away.I would still be out there drifting.might have a few springs and hali's though

Hey Tide Up, perhaps you should change your monikor to "Bow Rider" ;) Striper Sniper

That was you? Funny stuff! Saw you as I passed by in our Pursuit (33fter). I thought that looked odd how such a small boat was towing the larger one! Crazy!

serengeti
I tried to stop by and say hi.Just missed ya a couple of times.Maybe next time.Did you get any springs on the weekend?

Yeah, a couple around 40lbs, quite a few in the mid 30's as well. It was pretty slow, only caught about 4 Springs a day, avg size around 24lbs. No problem catching hali's either, clients limited out in less than an hour. Same with lings. But we run two boats, lately one out of Hardy (bigger one) and one out of Coal Harbour, been limiting out on halis, coho, and springs (8 a day) on west coast no problem, by about 12pm too!!! But slow (on inside) compared to this time last year and for how we normally do for sure. Apparently the fish are 2-3 weeks behind schedule this year..according to some guides up in the Charlottes. So I'm assuming they will come in the hordes soon.

David
Serengeti Fishing Charters
www.serengetifishingcharters.com

Back