Want to move your shed-here is how

Lol wow. I moved mine with a warn winch pullzall

Funny enough, I have been considering doing this!
We have a ShelterLogic shed set up at my parent's place, about 400m from our house. It would be more convenient to have the shed at our place.
The shed is 30' long and 16' high.
Do I get some helpers and do a half hour walk, or take the damn thing apart, move the pieces, and reassemble it???
I'd have to do the move at night ;-)

Funny enough, I have been considering doing this!
We have a ShelterLogic shed set up at my parent's place, about 400m from our house. It would be more convenient to have the shed at our place.
The shed is 30' long and 16' high.
Do I get some helpers and do a half hour walk, or take the damn thing apart, move the pieces, and reassemble it???
I'd have to do the move at night ;-)

You could try a trick for moving smaller buildings we’ve used around the farm etc. Take a few 4x6’s 16 feet long or a couple of 2x6’s and nail them together. Put two of theses end to end and nail a board onto the outside to create a long 32 foot beam. Do this twice and then place one of them a couple feet inside the shed and again on the other side. Cut an angle on the front of the two beams so they don’t dig into the ground. Get a few buddies to help and lift the front of the shed and stick a piece of lumber wider than the shed under it and on top of the two beams. Continue down the shed and keep putting lumber under as needed for support. (Probably where ever the arches come down) Then hook up to the two beams with chain or rope and pull it with an excavator, backhoe, bobcat or truck in low range.

As long as the terrain is fairly decent it should work for you. We have moved lots of building with no damage like this before.

Hope this helps.

Oly

Back