Want to learn!

don't want to say until I have finished, might jinx the deal!:) Bought from someone on the web, Friend from lower mainland looked it over, hopefully I will try it out this weekend!

What about poles and reels. I have a heavy duty, Quantum 10'6" is strondg plus a medium Shimano convergence,10'6". I use both for Fraser and Vedder. They are strong but my reels are not probably salt worthy! Both Quantum Irons!

still looking for ideas, Mooching reels versus level winds?? Where are all the vets with the wisdom! Anything related to coastal fishing would be appreciated! I love to read the comments!

quote:Originally posted by Merrittboy

I got lucky, I guess, do you know much about it??? Good, bad, reports, a freind of mine introduced me, Rob Refshlager.
Let me know!
Rob is a great guy but get ready for MAJOR POLITICS

Level winds are for women, children, and barn doors. real men like Randolph Scott use only knuckle dusters (moochers).

If you use a mooching reel on your river rods then you'd have to flip the rod upside down to fit the reel and the trigger grip would seriously get in your way.

Second hand mooching reel/rod outfits should go for about $50 and a new outfit should be about $100.

To start use your river gear on the downriggers and don't worry about it you'll have all kinds of stuff to buy for the boat you never thought of.;)

pick up a couple of 9.5' ugly sticks and 2 Shimano gt4000 reels
and you're good to go..[8D]
it'll set you back about 400.00 + tax and give you non stop fun !

I have already picked up a mooching reel, Daiwa-2, pretty cheap second hand. I am asking my kids for some of the other things for Christmas, this is when you want lots of children, I only have three though! But I have a great father in law who always buys son in law gifts!! Usually tools but this year maybe a crab pot! Keep that advice coming I am making notes! Still want to get a hold of at least one decent downrigger, manual and used! Let me know, lots of time though!

Hey M.B. i recently saw some downriggers on usedvictoria.com they were fairly cheap, and you can find other gear on there as well, i forget where are you located at right now?
good luck
dohboy

dohboy, buying 19' Maxum 1900sc. Is in great shape but needs to be fishing outfited. So if guys have some used gear they want to sell let me know.

Back