Vinyl wrap recommendations on the Island

seabeyond

I've decided to wrap my northwest this winter/ spring. Looking for shop recommendations from members on vancouver Island that have been through the process. Appreciate good and bad feedback!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211223-131959_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211223-131959_Gallery.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 141
I've decided to wrap my northwest this winter/ spring. Looking for shop recommendations from members on vancouver Island that have been through the process. Appreciate good and bad feedback!

I had mine done by Epic Designs in Campbell River. They were easy to deal with. I did everything from a province away during my build. They came to the builders shop in Courtney and did the install there. Three years old now and still looks like new. I only had the cab wrapped and left the hull naked. They will do any designs and in my case did the registrations numbers too.

Attachments

• Wrap.jpg
    Wrap.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 172
Second for Epic in Campbell River - they did my 34 x 11 Eaglecraft and that was late 2017.... no issues since.... great to deal with.. quality install and quality communications. Pricing met the quotation.

Opposite of Reel - I left the house raw and only wrapped the hull, dodger, and transom....

Now called Epic Wraps....

1640313243734.png

Second for Epic in Campbell River - they did my 34 x 11 Eaglecraft and that was late 2017.... no issues since.... great to deal with.. quality install and quality communications. Pricing met the quotation.

Opposite of Reel - I left the house raw and only wrapped the hull, dodger, and transom....

Now called Epic Wraps....

View attachment 73282
Curious to know how a hull wrap stands up over time ?

My last double eagle was done at graphic fx in Victoria. Held up very well!
They gave me the leftover chunk of vinyl roll and if I ever got a little ding or chip in it I just cut a piece slightly bigger than then the mark and covered it. It’s so thin you couldn’t even see the seam from 5’ away.
AC903970-0F05-4851-9759-169A83A58307.jpeg2B94267D-B671-4672-AB5B-B142935B59FF.jpeg

I have one designed for the new eagle too. That will be coming in 2022…

Curious to know how a hull wrap stands up over time ?
So far 4 years and holding up perfectly. No repairs needed yet. The stiffening rails / rub rails on the boat are raw and unwrapped. The dock bumpers rub the rub rails and so the wrap is not exposed to any rubbing in this application. Not sure how it would hold up if it was constantly being rubbed... I also suspect that prawn traps and crab traps could cause problems if you let the trap or the lines rub and bang up against the vinyl. Here you can see how the rub rails keep the dock bumpers from rubbing on the wrap. This boat lives in the ocean year round. I'm very impressed with the durability of the wrap to date.IMG_6354.jpeg

Last edited:
So far 4 years and holding up perfectly. No repairs needed yet. The stiffening rails / rub rails on the boat are raw and unwrapped. The dock bumpers rub the rub rails and so the wrap is not exposed to any rubbing in this application. Not sure how it would hold up if it was constantly being rubbed... I also suspect that prawn traps and crab traps could cause problems if you let the trap or the lines rub and bang up against the vinyl. Here you can see how the rub rails keep the dock bumpers from rubbing on the wrap. This boat lives in the ocean year round. I'm very impressed with the durability of the wrap to date.View attachment 73332
I like absolutely everything about that boat - except that 25 pack of Lucky!:rolleyes:

It’s a fun way to make it unique!
Yours is a fair bit more boat than mine so I would guess you’d be more in the $2500 range.

I WON’T be betting you $2500 on the leafs winning, so you can scratch that off the list as a possibility.

Lives in the water no bottom paint or anything over the wrap? Always wondered about this as an option vs epoxy and bottom paint on a tinny.

It’s a fun way to make it unique!
Yours is a fair bit more boat than mine so I would guess you’d be more in the $2500 range.

I WON’T be betting you $2500 on the leafs winning, so you can scratch that off the list as a possibility.
Well I was kinda hoping…

Thanks for all the above comments guys. This has been a useful thread. I've reached out to a handful of the mentioned businesses. Look forward to having it wrapped.

Lives in the water no bottom paint or anything over the wrap? Always wondered about this as an option vs epoxy and bottom paint on a tinny.

The boat has bottom paint. The wrap only goes as low as where the bottom paint starts. I don't think a wrap would do any good below the water line for anti fouling and I doubt it would adhere for too long under water also.

Thanks for all the above comments guys. This has been a useful thread. I've reached out to a handful of the mentioned businesses. Look forward to having it wrapped.
Please make suer to post up before and after photos of the boat once it's done.

The boat has bottom paint. The wrap only goes as low as where the bottom paint starts. I don't think a wrap would do any good below the water line for anti fouling and I doubt it would adhere for too long under water also.
Roger-makes sense to me.

Back