Victoria Spring, and Halibut Summer 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
caught a big octopus today, nothing much else...

octopus006.jpg

octopus005.jpg

your spreader bar looks a little over weight capt. craven;)Sammy

Looks like two spreader bars tangled to me :).

Did you keep it or let it go, a buddies mother years ago use to make amazing octopus stew Portuguese style, man that was good [:p]

Looks like two spreader bars tangled to me :).

Did you keep it or let it go, a buddies mother years ago use to make amazing octopus stew Portuguese style, man that was good [:p]

Hey Duddley; looks like you might be able to fish the flats from 7 to 10 AM - but do not go too far out towards the shipping lane or the ebb will carry you away during that period. No way you can anchor around noon anymore - not until 5 or 6 PM ish.

Hey Duddley; looks like you might be able to fish the flats from 7 to 10 AM - but do not go too far out towards the shipping lane or the ebb will carry you away during that period. No way you can anchor around noon anymore - not until 5 or 6 PM ish.

quote:Originally posted by sammyslabber

we like to use 2- 1 lb weights ....
sometimes you only lose one of them in a hang up

Ha ha! :D

quote:Originally posted by r.s craven

those are some big balls.

Yeah, no one likes their balls to get hung up!

"Stick & stay & make IT pay"nice ***** Capt. crav.I once tenderized some & smoked it(yes boys in the smoker Lol)Put a chili maple glaze on it[:p]made a mean stir fry out some of the helment.You could also could also have one of your crew wear it at the "but derby" right capt.Kenny:D:DSammy

well went out a couple times this week. on tuesday, we tried a few new spots off discovery (thanks for the tip roy) - the first was dead for a little over an hour so we left and at the second we got a nice 36, so overall a success. funny how when the rods are too strait down not much seems to happen, but at about 30 to 45 degrees fish find us.

also went out today but it was blowing right into cattle so we went to flemming and set up near albert head. never been there before and we didn't have a sniff, but who knows maybe we picked a crappy spot.

possibly out saturday weather permitting.

We fishes Const. Bank Friday morning and got a 65,45 30 halis and missed two hits then onto salmon fishing for two hours which turned out great also.

The halis were fat and the only problem with that was they all contained eggs. Maybe shutting hali fishing down at the start or end of Sept isn't such a bad idea.

Closing hali fishing in Sept will kill my Hali buisness for 5+- months and it probably counts for 25% of my buisness but it might protect some fish for the future.

Let's Go Fishing!
Doug
D&D Fishing Charters

Beautiful day on Constance today, fishing was a little slow but we
managed a 52 lb halibut.
released another Octopus ( sorry Mark ) [:p]:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back