Victoria Reports - Fall/Winter 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great day out there today fishing with Juandeone. Lost one and one in the boat about 10 lb. 150 ft on the bottom at Brotchie on purple haze hochie. 8 nice crab to finish the day.

Fished Constance yesterday morning with Tailout.
Couple of Sooke guys giving the waterfront a go. Damn your Victoria Seals!!

Kept one, fed one to a seal, released one and lost a few. Squirts on the bottom. Lots of bait around.

Beautiful day to be on the water. Good times.

Tips

my dad and brother were out yesterday for a few hours landed 5 lost one fed 3 seals 2 were kept around 10

Got out at 10 am fished Brochie at 150 ft, got 2 in the boat 5 and 8 lbs. Limit of crab, partner
lost 1 crab to seagulls as he was cleaning the fish. Quite lumpy by 11 am.

Out yesterday.. Tons of bait at the harbour entrance. Hooked 5. Lost 4 to seals and put one in the boat. Some idiot raided my crab traps.

Jimbob

Out on Sunday in the wind, 4 for 4 between clover and brotchie.

Geez Poppa Swiss, would love to trade you some of your non clipped winters for some of our fin clipped. 4 of last 5 we got fishing east of you guys in the San Juans have been non clipped [ got to release em ] and darn nice, 2 mid teeners and the other 2 right around 20#. It's all fun but would like to take one home for dinner once in a while

Out with Chero for a few passes this morn. When the bite came on around 10:30 there were a few fish to be had. A few smacks in short order and we managed 2 into the net including a beauty 12# with a fin. As usual 135-150 in the sand. Again crabbing was good!

today we were into 11 kept 4 lost two to seals the rest just lost lots of boats red/glow flasher electric chair hootchie 177 ft on the rigger 12 lb ball in 115-125 ft of water...... noone on the water seemed to believe us

today we were into 11 kept 4 lost two to seals the rest just lost lots of boats red/glow flasher electric chair hootchie 177 ft on the rigger 12 lb ball in 115-125 ft of water...... noone on the water seemed to believe us

I believe you ! ;)

I believe you also..My partner and I were into 8. We kept 4 around 10 lbs, let 3 small ones go and 1 broke off when it wrapped itself around the trolling motor..Caught one in Ross Bay the rest at Constance..

Last edited by a moderator:
Great day on the water flat calm lots o fish. we were at the bank between 8 and 11 landed 10 fish lost a couple kept our 6 all around 10lbs but 1 smaller.
rite on the bottom with the usual squirts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back