Victoria reports - fall/winter 09

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:Originally posted by Steelhead S2

Would it be worth it to try jigging around Pedder?

Yes, it would be worth to try jigging around Pedder. Without strong currents or tides, jigging would be good! I always prefer jigging than trolling with noisy cranky motors.

quote:Originally posted by marbledmurrelet

Hey Luna,

my squirts on fire, any suggestions...........?
Go to the Dr. FYI, Tetrocycoline cures everything!! Ahh Mr Anderson?PM me....

Lots o'boats fishing today, we boated 3 for 5 hits
kinda slow compared to last weekend...
reports from the fleet ???

Counted 16+ boats between Clover and the Break water yesterday. Not alot of action that I saw. Got 1 in the boat on a Pistachio hoochie with a green flasher with silver and glow. Second fish on that gear. Ran the string out of the hoochie head just off to one side. Causes the rubber bait to spin and gives a little more action?? Don’t know…but seems to work. Any other news out there last weekend?

Esquimalt Anglers held an executive and guests salmon derby on Sunday. There were 30 anglers fishing and 12 springs weighed in at the club house. First place went to Ken Sutton for a 12½ lb spring caught near Clover Point. Second place went to Bob Elphick for a 9.7 lb spring. Lee Tradewell came in third with an 8.7 lb spring and Gary Caton was 4th with an 8.6 lb spring. The hot spot was Ross Bay and Clover Point.

More info at http://www.fishingvictoria.com/reports.asp

Thats the spirit! Me too. Just turned a bunch of sides into candy this past week. It will all be gone before I head out again.

It was pretty good out there today with 4 in the tub
7,8,9.5 &10 lb springs. The usual spot , the hits only happened
when the gear dropped right to the bottom in about 150'.
Green/glo flasher and hootchies were working well.

I agree it was good out there yesterday but it took some time to find them. We spent a few hours around the flag pole and had one double header in 120 feet of water but that was it. So we moved west to Macauley and bingo we found some small schools of bait and some fish. Ended up with 4 for the day largest was 10 pounds. Stuck with hootchies didn't bother with bait. Lots of seals around but no lost fish to them. We did lose 3 due to poor hook ups.

Got out there today from about 11 - 1:30, one spring about 8 lbs in front of the harbour, right on the bottom with a glow hootchie.

Was out on Sat. am. in between the flagpole and Trial. Kinda slow overall. Got 3 hits over 4 hrs. Released an undersized, kept an 8 lb'er and lost a 10 lb'er to ol' Mr. Seal. First time in years I've fished the Vic waterfront. Great day to be on the water.

Long live wild salmon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back