Victoria reports - fall/winter 09

Status
Not open for further replies.
no reports this week as i have lost my kicker motor. does anyone have a good honest kicker for sale thanks the newfie

no reports this week as i have lost my kicker motor. does anyone have a good honest kicker for sale thanks the newfie

From 5000' above I counted 9 large bait balls about a mile or two of shore around Pedder Bay and the gravel pit. 3 of them were so big they actually looked like hurricanes that you see on sat pictures. Just in case someone cares!

I will be bouncing bottom out there tomorrow, Thanks for the heads up I will keep my eyes open for Scooping Bait!!!

-Steve

Put in couple hours in Oakbay this afternoon...
released a small one on the flats and moved over to the Gap for
the tide change. Got a 8lb fish just before we quit.

THANKS for the aerial report Sidneyboy! Those huge schools must have been an amazing sight from your seat. Should promise to keep our winter springs well fed. We found a couple schools in that area last month and stocked up on herring for halibut. Lots of fun.

fished waterfront sunday very slow some fish caught at constance hope the bait balls stick around. thanks good luck.

Reminder - important Victoria SFAB Meeting on Wednesday Nov 4th
@ 7:00 PM in the Orchid Room of the Sandman Hotel on Douglas Street

Details on this site located at

Important Meetings, Derbys and SFBC Get Togethers
Victoria Area SFAB Mtg - Wed 4th Nov @ 7:00PM

or this link gets you there

http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13730

DFO will be present to provide info on 2009 chinook and halibut fishing of Victoria and Sooke plus will discuss what to expect for 2010

Anglers Welcome - Please Plan to Attend

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling - Izaak Walton

Lots of fish and bait in Pedder if that helps ya out newfie boy.
Only fished for a few mins close to dark the other day (on the way in from hali fishing) and got a 4-5lber. The sounder was stacked all along the bottom

thanks lipripper is pedder bay on vic side of race rocks or sooke side. what day were you fishing i might try sunday thanks for your help.

Put in an afternoon shift off Oakbay today...
It was pretty slow, so yakkin' away on the cell and buddy says
"hey, look at your rod" which has popped off the clip and bangin' away ..
Needless to say ,by the time i get to the rod the fish is gone :(

Was off the waterfront today, no salmon for me, but got two 30 pound hali's to the boat, and a buttload of crab! Was great morning.

And we also found something else out there bobbing around that really made the day worthwhile!

Let's just say I have another tin boat in my arsenal LOL. It looks like it just blew off the beach, it only had about 5 gallons of water in it, no gear, engine or paddles.

Last Chance Fishing Adventures

www.lastchancefishingadventures.com
www.swiftsurebank.com

Nice Kelly, were those hallie's on salmon gear ?
we fished the Gap this afternoon and had one good smack
but it didn't stick.
Crab traps were loaded with jumbo dungie's :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back