Victoria reports - fall/winter 09

Status
Not open for further replies.
I probably won't go after winters until the winter. Having never fished them before, I don't know where to start with regard to area. Are Ogden Point or Oak Bay reasonable bets?

The only time i ever fished that water between Fraser and the flagpole there were ton's of fish all between 3-5lbs
i lost count of double headers, but it was scratchy coming up with 2 legal fish.

Thanks for the info fellers! I almost needed a descrambler there, but I feel like I know were to start now. Only thing left to do is find the time.

quote:The only time i ever fished that water between Fraser and the flagpole there were ton's of fish all between 3-5lbs
i lost count of double headers, but it was scratchy coming up with 2 legal fish.

I have to agree. I've had better luck getting larger fish in Whirl Bay or off the Bedfords.
T2

No Rigours

I fished 5 days last winter, and got a winter over 8 pounds all of those days between frazer and flag poles. Biggest was 15 pounds and most in one day was 11 with 3 double headers!

-Steve PM for more info!

hi fished sooke sunday 6 fish largest 12LBS lots of shakers. fished constance bank on thrusday two at5 pounds many shakers. saw a 90 pound hali from constance bank goog luck

Beauty day on the water today...
fishing was on the slow side, we had 1 in the tub for 3 hits today.
another month and we should be in full swing for winter Springs :)

Hey Newfie boy, was that you that Fred and I met at Esquimalt Angler's on thursday? I remember you said you were from NFLD. That was a good day for us! Nice meeting you anyway if it was you.

... Are fishermen all liars?
Or do only liars fish?

Wayne Zaccarelli won the Royal Canadian Navy Anglers' Association's(RCNAA) Annual Coho Derby today with a 9 lb 3 oz coho that he caught by the Victoria Breakwater. Wayne caught the fish on an anchovy in a UV Purple Haze Anchovy Special teaser at 70 feet in 80 feet of water.

WayneZaccarellRCNAACohoDerbywinner2.jpg

been some good Hali action all across the waterfront and the usual Victoria/Oak Bay spots. The slack windows haven't been big ,but there seems to be a abundance of fish.

ya i heard halli fishing is unreal rite now to bad it's hunting time go get em boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back