Victoria Reports 2015

Out to Constance today from 10:30-2:00,lots of fish taken.I caught the tail end of the bite,should have been out earlier,once the flood got strong the fish stopped biting.Lots of boats out,I don't know why no one is reporting how good it is,it's hardly a secret.

I fished the breakwall and Macaulay from 7 - 11:30. One pin popper good strike but missed it and two Pinks. Saw one other fish hooked but couldn't tell what it was.

Out on the bank this morning. 730-1030 & I saw lots of nets out. Tried my luck on plastic and chovies but as soon as I put on the sand lance(AP stuff) I landed 3 about 12lbs and threw a small one back. Lots of boat jockeying for SW corner. Took all mine on the bank in 80-100' of water. Fast troll close to the bottom. Amazing day out there!! Fresh fish tonight and I will flash up the smoker tomorrow. Lets keep the Vic reports going. There has to be more action happening.

Out on the bank this morning. 730-1030 & I saw lots of nets out. Tried my luck on plastic and chovies but as soon as I put on the sand lance(AP stuff) I landed 3 about 12lbs and threw a small one back. Lots of boat jockeying for SW corner. Took all mine on the bank in 80-100' of water. Fast troll close to the bottom. Amazing day out there!! Fresh fish tonight and I will flash up the smoker tomorrow. Lets keep the Vic reports going. There has to be more action happening.

For the record...I was not fishing alone today. :)

Fished yesterday in front of Church rock 10 till 2
Tons of big pinks and smaller springs and coho's
Released two eight lbs wild cohos kept two springs caught on Andrew's spoon 16 and 18 lbs
70-80 feet

Fished waterfront from 5:30pm till about 7:30pm yesterday. No boats out. Picked up a 20lbs hatchery by clover point at 45 feet in 120 ft of water. Lots of bait, but pretty murky water. One other good hit but that's it.

Attachments

• IMG_4731.jpg
    IMG_4731.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 649
Still quite a few good fish around . 2 hours this afternoon hit 5 springs
2 mid teens, a couple smaller around 8 and a hit and miss.
all on A.P. needle fish.

IMG_20150628_151701704[1].jpg

Quick solo fish today early afternoon. There were definitely some fish around.

Finally feel ready to put in two cents on the Andrew P spoon. As some others have mentioned on this thread I was finding that I was not doing as well as the majority with this lure. Just the odd fish here and there. I assumed this must be user error. I had rigged my spoons with a swivel on the front split ring. A couple of days ago I ditched the swivel and tied straight to the ring. This seems to have made a big difference and the spoon is now living up to its reputation. How do other successful users rig it?

goofy water color and jellies remind me of low O2 water in Finlayson Arm??????

Out for a quick boat ride with my brother in law and our sons and thought we'd do a little fishing as well. Out at oak bay flats for about an hour with nothing to show and burned over to constance and picked up 3 pinks at 40ft on anchovy.
Water was beautiful but sun never showed.

I got out for some time over the weekend.

Saturday morning, Dave S and I went out for some fun times with the boys. We found some good fishing along with some other forum members on the Oak Bay Flats....Nets were wet all around. We had half a dozen fish to the boat and kept three. The biggest was a 11-13lb female with an empty belly while the others had sandlance. The adipose fin was 1/4 snipped off so we chalked that up to human error and head is going in the drop box to see if it has a tag. It had a remarkably small mouth, stocky body and snub nose; very similar to a chinook that I caught last July that turned out to be a Shushwap stock.

Fished really early Sunday morning and found a pile of fish between the Flagpole and Clover Point. Again the biggest about 12lbs but lots of fish with 8 chinook to the boat in 2 hours and trolled back to Esq Angers. I hope all of the other boats around brotchie and macauley got into the bite.

Hey if anyone launched at Cattle Point this morning July 1st / Canada Day, just wondering if anyone picked up a zip lock bag full of Coho Killers, all tied in separate baggies with straws around the leaders. There was about 8-10 in the bag. I launched early in the morning and was the first vehicle there. So someone after me would have probably pick these up. I believe they were on the side of my boat when I launched so probably fell off. Or they could have fell off in the water. Anyway if anyone pick up a bag like this it would be mine and would appreciate it back if found. Coho Killers were: Gold Nugget, Chartreuse / White, Green / white, Purple / White, Cop Car, Green / White with Orange Speck, Green speck and yellow speck with Black dots, Ultra Voilet green. They all have leaders with Swivels and tie neatly. Thanks for your help

Back