Victoria Reports 2015

33lb and 40lb from yesterday.
Beauty day on the water. All action was early before 9:00. Hung out till just after 11 but could not find a 3rd.

Attachments

• hali march 1 2015.jpg
    hali march 1 2015.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 764
Sure nice seeing some hali around,its been a pretty slow couple weeks for me .
A lot of fun on the old peetz,as I've always used level winds in the past.
image.jpg
Figured i like this sauce,why wouldn't a hali:)
image.jpg

Boat ride for us today. No hali love. No doggies either though! Current up and quit about noon and stayed that way.

Thanks for a heads up.. Will keep an eye out for that boat,jeez.scary.
guy at the dock here was remarking how annoying the freighter horns were all day ;)

Not all Double Eagles are in the same boat. I am a proud owner of a blue and white double eagle and often fish alone out of Fleming beach. Lets hope people are not pointing fingers at me this week....I have halibut fished a number of times but refuse to anchor alone or with out the proper equipment. Still waiting for my first Hali this year..... By the way I got skunked Sunday off Albert Head but 3 nice crabs made the dinner table.

Some nice reports for sure, keep them coming!! I sold my rig and looking for something a little newer so all i can do is sit back and read the reports!! Nice pic's also guy's !!!

On Sunday, I was south of Constance on some numbers a very generous member of the board hooked me up with. Landed a nice chicken after it got caught up on the anchor line. It was nice to get hooked up on a halibut and it was an amazing day out there. This is only my second halibut and they are trending larger (so far). I am looking forward to getting out again very soon.

On Sunday, I was south of Constance on some numbers a very generous member of the board hooked me up with. Landed a nice chicken after it got caught up on the anchor line. It was nice to get hooked up on a halibut and it was an amazing day out there. This is only my second halibut and they are trending larger (so far). I am looking forward to getting out again very soon.

Nice work, Franko!

Hey Bag-Juan, you know I that I sometimes ride solo so send me your phone#.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great day for fishing today, just not so great for catching.... fished from 1 till 430 this afternoon in Whirl Bay and the Bedford's in close at 90 ft and out as deep as 160 ft. Bait and fish where seldom marked not a sniff out there today using rubber and bait. I heard the Military were blasting on the island on the weekend and was wondering if that would have any affect on the bait and salmon around Whirl Bay. Would that cause them to move to another area? We were the only boat out there this afternoon, spectacular views of the mountains and a few eagles flying overhead made for a great day on the water.

Don't forget that pair of women's gaunch you dredged up. That was something. LOL

Those women's gaunch may have been good hali bait, i would have tried those for sure on the spreader bar, rig'm up with a nice tight roll and drop them down. Never know!!

Those women's gaunch may have been good hali bait, i would have tried those for sure on the spreader bar, rig'm up with a nice tight roll and drop them down. Never know!!
And that would make you....
a panty dropper.:D

Started Fishing waterfront at 830 this morning, worked it hard for 31/2 hours, Only had 2 vicious strikes. No fish in boat. Ran over to OB flats, got 4 fish in 2 hours all around 8lbs, threw them all back. Coho killer and Mint Tulip were the producers.

Off discovery..passed my rod to a buddy from ontario who is escaping the bitter cold.got him his first hali 52lbs.he was a happy man.image.jpg

Back