Victoria area fishing

pnutz

Im heading down to Victoria for the long weekend, and my brother and I are going to do some fishing. We will be fishing from shore as he doesn't have a boat or float tube. Any recomendations on Lakes, gear, etc etc? I have only fished twice in the area so any help would be nice :D Thanks for any help you can give me! Cheers

We used to fish Langford lake a lot.You can go to the end of Goldstream ave. and park there is a boardwalk with a dock at the end of it.We used worms and bobbers.Haven't fished there in awhile. DAN

If from shore use power eggs and a weight 6 feet back from the hook. (be sure to make sure the eggs float otherwise its useless). Durrance Lake, Beaver Lake, Langford lake and on the way down the malahat there is Spectcal lake. And if you hate waithing for your rod tip to go crazy chuck a spoon out there and you might nail one
Good Luck to ya!!

Thanks for the info guys! LoL Max I think ill be doing alot of the power egg set up, im going down to relax. So i think a case of beer and a camping chair are in order :D so I have no problem with watching my rod tip[8D]. Usually im a bush whacker but I think im gonna be lazy this weekend.

pnutz,

what danthewire said. There is a really good dock in Langford lake to fish from shore. Go pass the public lunch and it's near the middle end of lake. The dock is right across from the 1st island in the lake. I saw guys doing quite well there from shore with power bait. It's quiet and there is quite a bit of room and the dock looks really nice.

Or you can go to elk lake and fish from the public dock, across from the highway side but it's more noisy and crowded.

Good luck

HS.

Well we ended up going up to Spectacle. Had a great afternoon yesterday, lost track of how many I caught after four. Wished we could of hit up a few more lakes, but weather was kinda crappy(forgot my rain gear [V]).

Back