Victoria 2014 Reports

Afternoon

Went out this afternoon for Hali off Race. Not even a bite. When I returned to Pedder at 7pm, I noticed somebody ran over my trailer (Bent frame, tristed rollers) and took off. Luckily I managed to get the boat on still. Thanks to the person who left the anonymous note with the truck description and license plate #. Supposedly the front end of the truck took some serious damage.:)

good to hear you are going out Syeve- but how about where exactly you are going, what ya gonna try, got a special depth or tactic, got yer kids with you or fishing with an old buddy, whats new or old these days, gonna **** in a jug or over the side, etc?

Out water frount.6 ft leader. Anchovies Gree
bfe9d3ae049ad273f651db9f6671337f.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1411916010412.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1411916010412.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 368
I hope you guys are joking.

Steve great reports you've been a huge contributor lately. Just because guys ask don't feel like you need to post your killer lure, depth, location etc.

If they are truly interested in catching a fish and not just reading about it they will get out there and find their own magic.

I enjoy Steve's reports as well. I like the reporting 'live' aspect. I find that when I know he's out fishing, I'm checking this thread to see how he's doing. Keep it coming Steve, and good luck today!!

Fished the Waterfront from 8-1 yesterday.
Had a good day, 5 coho to the boat, 3 hatchery, 1 wild and one small enough we just let go.
Fed one to Snuffy as well, all I got back was the jawbone. At lease I got my teaser head back!
Pink seemed to be the colour of choice for us.

Attachments

• IMG_0596.jpg
    IMG_0596.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 347
Out at constant from 7:30 till 10:30 one coho then I lost one by the yellow marker on the way in. 60 feet on the downrigger yellow coho killer.

got a late start today launching at Esquimalt at 11. Looked promising with 3 boats already back in with lots of cohos caught between flagpole and Trial, so that's where we went. Not a sniff in 2 hours , so out to Constance, not a sniff, so trolled back past yellow can. nada. Looks like early mornings best off waterfront. Next trip will be back to Sooke where its been lucky.

got a late start today launching at Esquimalt at 11. Looked promising with 3 boats already back in with lots of cohos caught between flagpole and Trial, so that's where we went. Not a sniff in 2 hours , so out to Constance, not a sniff, so trolled back past yellow can. nada. Looks like early mornings best off waterfront. Next trip will be back to Sooke where its been lucky.

Same for me yesterday..got to the can at1:30,into ogden,back out to 200' and trolled to trial averaging 4.5mph.nutin..as we are getting close to home and nodding off with the sun at our backs my lady tells me shes got ****** fish voodoo..as i am working on some bs about water temp,tides,VICTORIA having a wee bit of a slow year;)i turn to see her chompin on a banana!
Eeww gross! i say, wtf is that? She knows the deal but didnt think it applied to coho "season"
Haha ah well,another skunkin for the books..

Like my new jughead shaker?gunna give it a go in sooke this thursday,so stay away from me if ya wanna catch sumptin
image.jpg

Back