Vancouver Chuck

Hey Baddog,

Just run towards the south arm and look for the fleet, shouldn't be a problem.

Cheers,

Getbent

Baddog,
From where your coming from, the South arm Sandheads area is 1st for you to look at. From there heading south at times towards the Coalport, outside the (light ship) towards the Coalport is the Hooter, this area can all hold schooling fish. Heading north from Sandheads light ship you will travel towards the Pt. Grey area, a marker called T10 there, this past week we were hammering fish between the Sandheads and T10, but as some have noted their luck came off the North arm of the Fraser. Between the T10 and North arm is another milling area for schooling sox, you just need to find where the bulf is on any particular day. Find the pack of boats it is generally a good sign, but not always, look for the Commercial boys too, they have far better electronics then most of us.
Good luck to you.

HT

Thanks for the responses and emails.
Much appreciated. Now to wait for the wind to die down.
Should be fun.
Cheers

Kelly, probably taking my buddies boat, just as big but more of a fishing boat. It's only money.:D

Was out last night had slowed down no jumpers and no nets out at the s arm. anyone out today if there back will try tomorrow morn.anyone know where the stern light is on a striper is your anchor light supposed to come on when u turn on nav lights thxs.

Was out this afternoon in van harbor, as it was a little too rough for the little woman on the strait.. Caught two 20 pounders around the freighters. The first one was nabbed by a seal, but we got it in. It was a little mangled so we kept that one. It ended up being a white spring. We got into the other shortly after the first one both at 60 ft on hoochies. We released the second spring as one was plenty for us. The second spring was larger than the first.

I dropped the wife off on shore as she wasn't keen to stay out longer. I headed out by myself to the north arm as the wind had dropped down. I got a couple of Sockeye on there but lost them both.

hey big guy,

what hootchies did u hit the springs on?? and what time were you out there hitting em? gonna go try for some tommorow. cheers[8D]

If one of you Vancouver guys would be so kind I'm wondering hows the bite on a big flood tide? thinking about coming over tommorrow in the afternoon during the flood then come back and fish thrasher on the high slack. info appreciated.

thanks north49, good to know the tides don't really affect that fishery, unfortunately I've found out I have a little work to do before I go out. so if i don't have the time to cross over today, I'll give it a shot soon. Thanks for the info.

Went out this morning and had to tun back.Sitting in front of the computer to see if it settles.:(

I had the same morning , headed out the south arm it was blowin 17 wnw and there was some big holes out there and solid caps everywhere, bummer. Might hit the harbour this afternoon. A weather check would be nice for the bell/ mile markers??

quote:Originally posted by demco99

hey big guy,

what hootchies did u hit the springs on?? and what time were you out there hitting em? gonna go try for some tommorow. cheers[8D]

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't get on the internet since Friday. The Springs were on red mini hoochies with a long 45" leader trolled fast (2.8-3.2 mph). We caught them around 1:30 - 2:15 pm on the flood tide in the afternoon.

My son and I picked up 5 coho yesterday on full size pink and white hoochies with long leaders trolled fast as well. Two of the Coho were 10 pounders, we kept a four pounder for the BBQ tonight. My son broke off a decent spring, and we lost some other smaller ones as well.

Hit some low teen springs yesterday while fishing for Socks and plenty of socks as well. Glad we went out yesterday and not today with the wind.

where u finding the springs cohochinook? wanna target them, tired of socks... u hittin em on sockeye gear??

Went out about 3PM today, really really lumpy at the mouth of north arm and pretty bad conditions. In about an hour everything settled and ended up being really nice. Quit at 6PM totally frustrated. Skunked. Couldn't find the right depth. We could see the fish on the finder, 50 to 70 feet. Put out hooks from 50 to 70 and got absolutely nothing. Watched a guy in front of us with non stop action. Turns out he was fishing at 80, we asked. I had no reason based on the finder to fish as 80, so didn't. I guess I was schooled today.

Hey Coriba, I've got e-mail problems and couldn't get back to you.Sorry to hear you were not rewarded for your hard work today.

quote:Originally posted by demco99

Right on man where was the coho/spring action today?

The action was yesterday, as I tried to go out this morning but it was too snarky. Even the big guide boats were turning around and going back in. The action was from the mile markers to the north arm yesterday. Most of the coho were on the full size octopus hoochies in a pink/milky white pattern. Some were on the sockeye gear, but the majority were on the larger hoochies.

quote:Originally posted by coriba

Went out about 3PM today, really really lumpy at the mouth of north arm and pretty bad conditions. In about an hour everything settled and ended up being really nice. Quit at 6PM totally frustrated. Skunked. Couldn't find the right depth. We could see the fish on the finder, 50 to 70 feet. Put out hooks from 50 to 70 and got absolutely nothing. Watched a guy in front of us with non stop action. Turns out he was fishing at 80, we asked. I had no reason based on the finder to fish as 80, so didn't. I guess I was schooled today.
Was out today between bellboy & t10. Was real late getting out with the real crappy weather, five foot rollers getting across. Turned back more than once. Finally got out with lines in the water around 2:30, fished untill 5:30. Got are limit of 8 fish,6 to 7 lbs two rods, 4 flashers, pink squirts, two fish at 40ft, two at 50ft, 4 at 46ft. Speed was between 2plus & 3 mph weather calmed down lot's and was a much nicer trip home up the georgia straight.:D

I'm setting my priorities. I'm making time for fishing.

Back