Vancouver Chuck

Was out Sunday afternoon for a few hours around the bell.
Landed one Sockeye and lost two. The bite was on at about 3:30 but then nothing and I left about 7. Hopefully more will be showing up in the next two weeks.

quote:Originally posted by demco99

Teja what did you put down instead of anchovies to get the spring? What depth were you getting your fish at? Heading out tomorrow..

Demco - the spring and one sockeye were at 55 ft on a cop car Ace High Fly and the second sockeye was at 45 ft on a Flaming Hans spoon. My "sockeye gear" (pink squirts) caught nothing. There aren't a lot of sockeye out there yet and the ones that were caught seemed to be caught after the boats did a good job of fishing tight together and herding/attracting the fish into a school formation. Was above the school a few times but the fish weren't biting in the large numbers that they will over the next while.

Fm, it was angler dream, and i am sure there will be many who will stick up for the brother, but!!!

HPIM1274-1.jpg

quote:Originally posted by flytyer

Fm, it was angler dream, and i am sure there will be many who will stick up for the brother, but!!!

HPIM1274-1.jpg

Ah. I know who you're talking about... I've been on the water lots and know the boat well. I'm find myself seldom fishing around his boat...because I'm catching fish elsewhere...Anyways, you'll be happy to know that..it has come on strong for Sox in the last 24 hours so it's time to fish where he isn't!!! :D

Any luck lately?

Might head out for a little sundowner from the South arm today after work.

Getbent

Was out in Howe Sound yesterday. No action so made the run to T-10. Had heard sockeye were good first thing. It was slow when I got there. Saw a couple of jumpers and heard of the odd fish caught.

My nephew on Sunday.

Went south arm in the later afternoon and found a pretty good school that followed pretty good.....it was relatively busy once you found a school and got some to follow.... mainly singles for us but we did however get some multiples. Once you got off the school though you'd have to search. Pretty soon I suspect the search time will get less and less.
Just had to post this photo (for my nephew and tell him he's been published !! ) He will be pretty proud. He has the 'soc fever' as he remembers 2006 very fondly !!
I might add at this time of year ( early August) the socs are prime ocean chromers.

IMG_3853.jpg

went to the bell and harbour about 11-5 and trolled squirts spoons and hootchies. caught a 6lb sock on a green white coyote at the bell, lost another at the jericho 1st marker and then caught my first smiley of the year a 24lb red spring on a green white hootchie at 30ft again near the bell. saw a few jumping but nothing crazy. will post pics.

went to the bell and harbour about 11-5 and trolled squirts spoons and hootchies. caught a 6lb sock on a green white coyote at the bell, lost another at the jericho 1st marker and then caught my first smiley of the year a 24lb red spring on a green white hootchie at 30ft again near the bell. saw a few jumping but nothing crazy. will post pics.

quote:Originally posted by morganic

Morganic...go south....south of the T10..and prepare to be amazed.

quote:Originally posted by morganic

Morganic...go south....south of the T10..and prepare to be amazed.

Please keep the spam off of here.

Remember, it's called "fishing," not "catching."

Please keep the spam off of here.

Remember, it's called "fishing," not "catching."

I know everyone is hot for soxs right now...but has anyone been picking up any springs?

Getbent

quote:Originally posted by getbent

I know everyone is hot for soxs right now...but has anyone been picking up any springs?

Getbent

Yup! :D They're here. Few are fishing for them as the Sox are hard to resist...instant gratification I think... ;). Same gig as last August Getbent...see you out there! :) :)

I too would like to know if anyone has landed any springs during this sockeye mad past couple weeks. I'm new to fishing Vancouver but coho were great early and now sox are unreal and hoping to get into some fraser springs now/soon. What are a few areas to target? What are people having luck on? chovies? other? thanks

Hey Guys

I live in Nanaimo and have never fished the Vancouver area. Would love to run across and fish for some sox. Can anyone give me an idea where to go? ( Careful now:D)

Just looking for an area to get started in.

Thanks

Back