vacuum sealers?

I also bought a Weston 2300 from Quality Matters. A huge advantage of the Weston is that all the parts are replaceable and available so rather than throwing out food saver after food saver, I anticipate being able to keep my Weston running for years to come. While the Weston does a great job with vacuum, I found the auto seal feature cut off the vacuum a bit earlier than I'd like. I modified mine by disconnecting the vacuum line from the sensor and sealing off that portion of the line. Now I just manually seal when I want. That works much better for me.

If anyone else has the same premature seal shut off issue with thw Weston 2300, a Quality Matters rep. suggested a simple solution that immediately solved the problem. Issue is with the vacuum sealer pressure switch. You can take off the top of the unit and look for the main motherboard. On the main motherboard is a little grey dome with a torch screw in it (approx. quarter size) and with two grey wires coming out of it. Turn the screw ½ at a time until the vacuum no longer shuts off at which point turn the screw back ½ turn such that the vacuum will shut off and seal. I asked if this would violate the warranty and they confirmed that it wouldn't given their authorization to do it. As other have suggested, a great company to deal with.

Just picked up my Vac Master 215 and put her to work. This machine is awesome. Like a lot of folks here I was tiered of buying a new foodsaver every couple of years, never mind the frustration of the pos shutting down after 10 or 12 bags. The quality of the bags is great, and the air is COMPLETELY removed from the package. No more going to the freezer and pulling out a package that has the seal broken !! I got it from Quality Matters and had it shipped to Blaine free. The only surprise so far is how heavy the thing is. I cannot believe a machine this size wieghs 85 lbs.Highly recommend it

Just left a message with Quality Matters today to check inventory status on the VP215C. I've shipped US purchases through SeaWings Express to save $ on brokerage etc for 4X4 parts so should be the same with QM. Will keep you posted. Tired of the hassles with POS suction sealers.....

I know the sealers you are talking about are very high quality ones, I did a fair amount of research, and went with the foodsaver/gamesaver platinum from walmart for 140.00. It is made for repetitive high usage sealing. Did 40 bags in a row without 1 timeout. Also came with a 12 volt adapter,(camping etc) and an external port with accessory tube. So far so good ,will see how the seal hangs in. Although we eat and give away lots so its not in the freezer for too terribly long.

I know the sealers you are talking about are very high quality ones, I did a fair amount of research, and went with the foodsaver/gamesaver platinum from walmart for 140.00. It is made for repetitive high usage sealing. Did 40 bags in a row without 1 timeout. Also came with a 12 volt adapter,(camping etc) and an external port with accessory tube. So far so good ,will see how the seal hangs in. Although we eat and give away lots so its not in the freezer for too terribly long.
so sorry gamesaver silver

I just picked up a gamesaver today. the other option was an outdoorsman, or something like that. $60 more, and not sure of the benefit.

I got a good long run out of my last foodsaver. six years or so. And it was free thanks to some sweet talking at the brick.

I think those vacmasters look great, but I just don't have that kind of loot right now. Something else to add to the wish list though. I've used those chamber sealers before, and they are the best.

Well, this unit preformed alright. It did pverheat and shut down once, But only for a short while. It's just another fodsaver, but it does what it's supposed to do.

Back