Underwater footage

I just made one similar to this out of PVC pipe with a downrigger clip on the front and back. Whole thing from clip to clip is about 18". Try and make it as short as possible. Only thing with the Gopro setup is once the fish hits the camera is useless.
maxresdefault.jpg

IMG_0715.JPG

Last edited:
If your going to buy one of the amazon ones, make sure it has wifi as its a pretty useful tool. I have the sj4000 which shoots 1080p, has wifi and all the mounts.

I just made one similar to this out of PVC pipe with a downrigger clip on the front and back. Whole thing from clip to clip is about 18". Try and make it as short as possible. Only thing with the Gopro setup is once the fish hits the camera is useless.
maxresdefault.jpg

IMG_0715.JPG

Sweet man!!! That's awesome

So this one I was fishing by myself. The Coho hit the bait and after figuring out he was hooked, it swam up at towards the down rigger cable so that there was no pulling of the hook. I had him following me around for a long time....

Agian most the movies I am showing are of fails were I had to learn a lesson. (Which I did)

This is why it sucks to fish by yourself. This is imbarasing...

Some glamor shots

Attachments

• IMG_1629.PNG
    IMG_1629.PNG
    2 MB · Views: 122
  • IMG_1630.PNG
    IMG_1630.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 116
Very interesting. It's unreal the amount of noise that swivel makes, how visible the line is and that knot left long like that. You can be garunteed if we can hear it in the video can you imagine how loud it is to the fish and how visible the line is. It's always in the details.

Awesome clips.

Very interesting. It's unreal the amount of noise that swivel makes, how visible the line is and that knot left long like that. You can be garunteed if we can hear it in the video can you imagine how loud it is to the fish and how visible the line is. It's always in the details.

Awesome clips.

I agree 100%! That's why going forward I have switch to Florocarbon. It makes an amazing difference. As for the swivels, I am going to experiment & see if I can find a quiter one

Looks like a Spring to me.

But either way, he said "nah....I'm good"

I think it shows that trolling in a strait line is no good. The bait needs some type of quick change to trigger a strike

Lingcod are so aggressive

Attachments

• IMG_1643.PNG
    IMG_1643.PNG
    283.2 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1642.PNG
    IMG_1642.PNG
    323.2 KB · Views: 55
Very cool stuff! I want one!

Another cool idea for this would be to take notes of when your finder is marking fish/bait (Especialy when you think it's right around your bait) and see where that relates to the videos...

Couple of weeks ago I could have dragged a brick around on a rope and got a bite. Don't you love when they're hungry

I agree 100%! That's why going forward I have switch to Florocarbon. It makes an amazing difference. As for the swivels, I am going to experiment & see if I can find a quiter one

I Love Haida Gwaii, the swivel noise is interesting, and I would you request you give us a photo of the swivel so we can see what the noise maker looks like. I am always intrigued at how salmon come take a close look and most often, turn away because of smell, action, or other, but.... never had it thought about line or swivel noise.

thank you for posting. DAJ

Back