Underwater footage

Does it stream live to your phone or tablet? I just dropped +$800.00 on a Go-Pro, set up to stream live now.

Nice footage bud.

You just running the universal kit? There's a few different options I see.

Last edited:
Does it stream live to your phone or tablet? I just dropped +$800.00 on a Go-Pro, set up to stream live now.

No it dose not live stream... that would be slick..

This is the camera

Attachments

• IMG_1628.JPG
    IMG_1628.JPG
    11.5 KB · Views: 77
I'm going to have the camera with me while at QCL next month. I want to get some vids of grinding kelp with cut plug..

Great thread! Confirms some things about fish behaviour i had thought.

I had a guest bring one of those hali fishing last year. Unfortunately it was so rough the video was mostly unwatchable except for catching a large dogfish.

Best thread ever!

Seconded.

What kind of depth can you run this camera at and still recover a usable image? Footage must get pretty dark below 40' - 50'?

FYI: Facebook group "Vancouver Island Salmon Fishing" had a post from Steve Isdahl who appears to have made (or will be selling) a similar camera very soon.

Nice footage bud.

You just running the universal kit? There's a few different options I see.

Yes sir just the universal kit.

Seconded.

What kind of depth can you run this camera at and still recover a usable image? Footage must get pretty dark below 40' - 50'?

FYI: Facebook group "Vancouver Island Salmon Fishing" had a post from Steve Isdahl who appears to have made (or will be selling) a similar camera very soon.

This camera is slick & small. It's good for 330'. Never been that deep with it. Deepest I have used it is ~80' and I could still see my bait.

I tried the Go Pro with it live streaming but as soon as it went in the water it always lost the connection between the tablet and GoPro.
Let me know how you make out with yours and if you have the same issue.

Because Bluetooth is a type of radio signal and radio signals are disrupted by water, the Bluetooth signal will be degraded by even a few inches of water. While it may workintermittently, don't expect it to work reliably while the camera is in its waterproof case while underwater

(Found this online)

Chit, that figures. Works great driving down the highway. Never thought about the water.

If you affix a length of coaxial cable to the gopro and then run that up your rigger line it will act as an antenna. But yeah, wireless won't work underwater.

http://paulillsley.com/GoPro_Underwater_Wi-Fi_Cable_Setup/

In the link he uses 50 ohm rg174 cable and gets to 50'. Using a bigger, higher impedance 75 ohm cable like rg59 will give you much less signal loss and I imagine you could get deeper.

Last edited:
Super cool. Can't wait to setup my action cam on the downrigger. For those who have attached go pros to the ball what kind of mount do u use?

Back