Tuta/Critter cove 3rd week June

What can we expect or reasonably hope for in the way of Chinook fishing at this time of the season? What are the popular spots for that time of year? what gear is best to bring along?

Beano creek worked well for us a few years back in late June, flasher anchovy combo. Also got fish at the monument and the mouth of Thasis inlet.

You will do best on the outside weather permitting. Bajo, Beano and Ferrier. If the water is good the highway may be good to.

Agree with the above-should be very little inside the monument-earliest I have records for is 29 june and really just beyond the monument. Every year is slightly different-last year there was a horrible brown algae bloom about 3rd week of june and it really put the screws to a few of the normally good spots.

Yes to all the above. My birthday is June 27th & we have not missed fishing that day in 25years. Weather/Wind usually predicts where we fish.
Beano Pt Nootka or Ferrer Pt Esperanza. Anchovies & false flashes rule the day. Personally I prefer Ferrer Pt we seem to get BIGGER Springs there.
But weather will tell where we will fish. See you out there!!
FOJ

Back